Pita Jungle - Desert Ridge

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain restaurant in the Southwest, offering Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Has vegan suitable items, including 4 appetizers, 4 salads, some sides, the falafel pita, veggie wrap, and macro plate. See website chart which notes which items are vegan. Casual nice sit-down dining. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
20910 N Tatum Blvd, Unit 140 (Pima Fwy)
Phoenix, Arizona 85050
480-473-2321

Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-10pm.

First Review by Tigra220
Tigra220
Tigra220

Not my fav Pita Jungle in the Valley...

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2013

...but it's convenient. The food is good, no problem there. I get the hummus (try different flavors to see which you like best) and the falafel. I end up having falafel sandwiches for several days this way. The beans & rice dish is good and flavorful, and I like the seasoned potatoes (mix it with their hot sauce for additional kick).
I really wish their black bean burger didn't contain dairy. :( I mean, what's the point??

The restaurant is very nice and spacious. The location is great. Off of the 101 & Tatum, go north on Tatum; Pita Jungle is in a strip mall on the west side of Tatum. (You'll see a US Bank from the street). Plenty of parking.

The bartender, who attended to my carry-out order was a bit smug. (I'm big on customer service.) It felt much more pretentious than the other PJs in the Valley and I didn't care for that. But this is bordering "Snottsdale" so I suppose it comes with the territory?

Focus on the food, ignore the rest, and you'll be fine.

Pros: Good hummus and falafel, Plenty of parking, Menu points out vegan items nicely
Cons: Needs to Veganize that black bean burger!

Dear Owner and Manager of Pita Jungle - Desert Ridge: