Serves meat, veg options available. 21+ years old only Irish pub. Offers an extensive array of vegan pub food choices such as happy buffalo wings, taquitos, wraps, burgers, Irish corn dog. Vegan brunch dishes are huevos rancheros, compost hash, breakfast burrito. Traditional Irish pub theme, some live music, karaoke, poker, live pub trivia, free Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Irish, Non-veg
1492 S State St

Moneyz
Moneyz

Tasty but not my type

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2015

I had the tacos, and fish n chips when I came here. Although the food was very tasty it was very fatty and made sleepy afterwards. In particular the fish n chips were way too oily for my liking, but still tasty. The tacos were a little too salty in my opinion, but a healthier options than the fish n chips. Especially if you don't add so much avocado and remove the vegan sour cream. They have a lot of vegan options and they are marked clearly on the menu huge pro. I probably will not come again, as I avoid oils/heavy salts. if you are not worried about that and just a junk food vegan definitely come check it out! if the centire place was vegan I would have given this place four stars. :)

Pros: Vegan items marked clearly, Spacious
Cons: oily food, salty food
Navegante
Navegante

Wow - Highly recommended! Great vegan food!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2014

I wasn't expecting much when I went here for lunch, but was very impressed by how many different vegan options this place has. I love that the menu clearly defines which items are (or can be made) vegan, and there is a statement in the menu about how they are careful when preparing vegan food. On Saturday/Sunday they serve a brunch menu with even more vegan options.
I tried the corn dogs, and they were delicious! They weren't the standard crummy corn dogs that I remember having years ago, but big, tasty, substantial dogs with what seemed to be a house-made batter. They were great! Also served with vegan ranch, a mustard dip, and English chips. Filling and not too expensive.
Service here was top-notch. This is a new favorite for me!

Pros: Great service, Lots of vegan options, Delicious food
Cons: 21 and older only
Ask Meli
Ask Meli
  • non-vegetarian

NOT a Vegan, but love the Food!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

OK, you need to know that I like meat. But both of my grown kids are Vegans and they are ALWAYS trying to convince me to try meatless dishes. So when I visited Piper Down on a Sunday morning for the Bloody Mary bar, I tried the Vegan Huevos Rancheros. They were great! Texture was a little different than a scrambled egg, but the flavor was wonderful, fresh, spicy and just the right amount of hot to go with the Bloody Mary. Yumm! Next time I visit SLC, I'm DEFINITELY going back to try another dish.

Pros: Clean, Friendly, Generous Portions
Cons: Too Far Away

HealthNut7
HealthNut7

Comfortable Atmosphere with Great Food!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

I recently visited Piper Down and was so surprised by how many veg/vegan options are available on their menu. I ordered the vegan spicy buffalo wings as an appetizer and then had the potato tacos. Yum! My friend had the Garden Burger with guacamole and she said it was delicious! It was huge! We really liked the service too. We were greeted by the bartender as we walked in and then our waitress was super fast and friendly.

The decor is really neat and looks just like an actual pub in Ireland. And the 2nd bar in the back (they call it the Temple Bar) is a really fun room. Maybe we will have our Christmas party there this year. The bathrooms were nice as well. It's too bad the back patio is mainly for smoking but I guess you can't have everything.

I'm for sure coming back to this place- I'd really like to try their brunch menu on the weekend.

Pros: Yummy Food, Friendly Staff, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Smoky Patio, Had to park on the street
daveshell
daveshell

Something for EVERYBODY!!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

I love this place! They have the best Vegan/Vegetarian options offered every single day. It's nice I can go here with all my friends and have choices. The brunch menu is phenomenal! My faves are Compost Hash, Huevos Rancheros, and the Breakfast Burrito. On the regular menu I love the tacos and the "Miss-steak" philly. The staff is really helpful and can offer some great suggestions. The atmosphere is awesome. I like to just come and chat with my friends, but the trivia, paint night, bingo, and poker are all really fun too!

Pros: Atmosphere, Food Choices, Friendly Staff
Cons: No parking lot, Kind of sketchy neighborhood

Dear Owner and Manager of Piper Down Pub: