The area's first vegan cafe is located on the Winooski River where nourishment and a sense of community meet, eat, share, enjoy. Offers creative and comforting plant-based dishes using organic produce and products. Has tons of gluten-free choices. Drinks include freshly made juices, smoothies, gourmet coffee, tea and espresso. Lots of to-go items available. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out
1 Mill St, Ste 138 (Colchester Ave)
Burlington, Vermont 05401
802-540-0110

Open Mon-Sat 8am-6pm, closed Sun.

First Review by 73Iron
TealKarmaChurch
TealKarmaChurch

Great Place!

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

I felt like I had to wait forever to get up to Pingala. It was worth making it happen. When I walked in it was pretty busy, but people were being served quickly. The menu is fully Vegan so I was overwhelmed! I'm not actually complaining about it!
I had the ELT and buffalo broccoli. Both superb! Can't wait to try the Taquitos and grilled cheese and kale.

Pros: Clean, Choices!, Friendly staff
Cons: Busy intersection, Parking is a little wonky
Debra Winter
Debra Winter

Excellent breakfast

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

We had the pancakes and the Harvest hash and scramble wrap. The pancakes were good and the wrap was amazing. The place has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

HowardPacker
HowardPacker

As Good as the Reviews Claim

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

The reviews that give this place an excellent rating are all accurate. I had the BBQ Jackfruit wrapped in a spinach tortilla. The texture of the Jackfruit was excellent, and the BBQ sauce was great. Even their coffees (I had a latte) with choices of milks (almond, soy, others) and added ingredients (chocolate, maple, others) are luxurious and delicious.

The facility is a unit that is located in a large converted mill along a river, but it looks like it was just built yesterday. Everything is spotlessly clean, and that even includes the bathrooms. Also, they have outdoor seating overlooking the river, which was great for bringing the pooch along with me for my outing. It is an informal facility with casual dining.

I was only in town for the day, but I would absolutely dine there again to try out more items.

Pros: Great Food, Super Clean, Dog Friendly

NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Considered moving to the area just for this place!

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

Seriously, this restaurant was so good that I really had the thought to leave my old life behind and move to Burlington to be near this place! Well, the beautiful VT country side and relaxed pace of life probably also contributed to the thought. Here's my usual breakdown of the place:

Food: 10. I was really pleased with everything I got: a maple latte, a maple doughnut, a breakfast sandwich (with a maple glazed tempeh patty, of course, because you can see that I adore maple syrup), and a side of "hash" (lots of veggies instead of just the usual potatoes). I tasted my boyfriend's maple cinnamon bun, and that was also delicious. This is rare that I say this about a place's menu, but I think everything on the menu sounded great. If I lived or worked near this place, I would try everything on the menu! One thing I really liked about the menu overall is that the items were often classic comfort foods made healthier (e.g. lots of veggies added to things plus a focus more on tempeh and tofu rather than mock meats). I wish more vegan restaurants had this balance down.

Price: 8. Pretty average for a vegan restaurant. I felt that the prices were generally reasonable. I also felt that the portions were generous compared to some places that charge the same prices.

Staff: 9. The guy at the counter was really friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that he pointed it out several times that he was the only person working at the time. While I felt for him, I'm not sure if he was looking for sympathy or what. But anyway, minor complaint.

Atmosphere: 9. I love the location in an old mill right next to a river! My only complaint about atmosphere, which is another minor complaint, is that there's little seating.

Parking was easy outside of the mill.

Pros: All vegan!, Delicious food, Balance of healthy and comfort-like food
Cons: Small staff makes for longish wait, Little seating inside
SueSveeg
SueSveeg

Awesomeness

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

Pingala Cafe & Eatery is the best all Vegan restaurant! The place is warm, friendly and hip...the food = awesomeness!!!

The plant based food was fresh, vibrant and delicious!! It feels so good to know that there's a vegan place and not have to worry about what you are really getting!! Friends & I tried Grilled cheesiness, Pulled BBQ, Banh Mi, Warm Thai Peanut Salad, GF brownie and the Vegan/GF P'nut Butter Choco Chip Cookies are out of this universe!!

Servers are courteous, helpful and friendly. The owner, Trevor Sullivan checks in with customers to make sure thet're pleased with the food. All good....all the time!

Pros: Excellent food, Great vibe, Great prices
cassandramarie
cassandramarie

Amazing!

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

delicious! so many great options that will please everyone. my brother who doesn't eat vegan loved it as well! best vegan food place I have been to hands down. the location is beautiful and located at an old industrial building, very quaint and decorated comfortably. good vibes!

Pros: menu, atmosphere, location
Cons: none what so ever
accbouchard
accbouchard

LOVE this place

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

A great all vegan menu with a wide selection of gluten-free options! Tried a maple almond latte, a smoothie, trail mix cookie, hummus, breakfast sandwich - all wonderful. Reasonable prices. Very friendly staff. Cozy little space with a nice mural, great river view and eclectic decor.

Pros: amazing food, friendly/knowledgable staff
Cons: not a lot of seating, limited hours
NaomiBill
NaomiBill

100% Vegan!

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

Love this new vegan restaurant! It is wonderfully reassuring to be able to get food somewhere where I don't have to worry about asking ingredient or preparation related questions... everything is vegan! I'm a little obsessed with the Grilled Cheesiness with avocado, check it out!!!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Convenient Location, Tasty Baked Goods
73Iron
73Iron

Amazing Menue

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

The Menue is amazing, so many options to choose from. And they are complete meals. Prices are not bad either. The Buffalo kickin is great!

Pros: All Vegan, Proteins, Baked Goods

Dear Owner and Manager of Pingala Cafe and Eatery: