Typically a choice of 3 main courses one of which is usually vegan. A selection of cakes with at least 1 vegan cake. Large range quality teas and coffees; soya milk available. Try the vegan hot chocolate. Sits between The Wig and Mitre & Imperial Teas, near castle & cathedral, enter via Pimento dress shop. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, British, English

First Review by Mojoruth
Stevie
Stevie

Pimento Tea Rooms, Lincoln

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

Small, cosy, friendly staff, very vegan friendly, tasty food. If you're trying to find it, look for the steep hill that leads to the castle, just as the address suggests.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice staff, Tasty food
itsmeagain
itsmeagain

a great cafe

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2010

We went there last SDeptember, 2009.A brilliant vegan meal, fine staff, excellent vegan carrot cake.Pricey though so do watch your pocket.

Pros: vegan carrot cake, vegan meals, outdoor seating
Cons: expensive
Trutfant
Trutfant

Loved it!

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

I went there last month with my boyfriend. It was my first trip to England alone.
I told him whereabout it was and we started climbing steep hill. Only stopped to look at bookshops.

We found it and went in. The staff was friendly and was pretty fast at taking our order. My boyfriend had a soup and I had a baked potato with mixed cheeses. Lots of cheese! I'm a big potato fan, so felt that the potato wasn't quite big enough for all that cheese. It tasted really good and the soup was good too.
For afters we shared a chocolate cakey thing. Mmm...

Next time I'm going to visit my boyfriend in England, we're definitely going there again!

Pros: friendly staff, nice and quiet, good food and cake
Cons: steep hill really is steep

geebee42
geebee42

Wonderful find

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2010

Fell accross this haven by accident. Just looking for lunch and happened to read the sign! Tiny place, very cosy with good and friendly service. Our soups and toastie were excelent. Well worth the climb up the hill. Difficult to access due to extermeme age of building.

Pros: Good food, good service, different
Cons: Cosy, Access
Lincoln Imp
Lincoln Imp

Well worth a visit

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2010

Lovely to find a cafe that is signwritten on its frontage as vegetarian and vegan. Pimento is clean, cosy, ideally situated for the tourist sites in Lincoln. The service is good, the food excellent and the teas and coffees exceptional, with soya milk available and some vegan cakes. Highly recommend a visit.

Pros: Good food, Fantastic coffees and teas, Good service
Cons: Only one toilet
Sara-Loves-Lettuce
Sara-Loves-Lettuce

Lovely Little Place

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2009

We went to the tea rooms after winning a gift voucher at a vegan fayre. They have a specials menu which is where the vegan options would be, as the main menu only has jacket & beans. We had Veg soup with two different types of bread & then carrot cake, both were very nice. We ended up going back 2 weeks later & had bean stew which was fantastic!! For 2 adults & 2 children to have a drink, main meal & dessert it cost us just over £30, which is very fair, especially when you couldn't possibly eat any more. I will be going back very soon!And will be stocking up on heavanly carrot cake!

Pros: Friendly Staff , Amazing Vegan Cake
Cons: Need More Vegan Options
janarbananar
janarbananar

What a surprise!

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2008

My now-husband and I spent a few days in Lincoln a year and a half ago and both of us spent a day walking around town, visiting the cathedral and castle. My husband had been before, and surprised me by taking me for a delicious meal at this sweet little tea room as the last thing we did on our day out! I remember ordering Jamaican Blue coffee, a vegan slice of pie, and splitting two different vegan meals between the two of us. And then ordering a different vegan dessert, just because I was delighted to find a restaurant in Lincoln that served such yummy vegan food. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody.

Pros: great food & selection, wonderful service
Cons: might be difficult to find
keithl
keithl

Yum Yum in Lincoln.

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2008

We had lunch at this lovely cafe this weekend and really wish we could have had a few more meals there. Simple jacket potato with mounds of tasty, strong cheddar cheese and a light, bright salad for me and a bowl of home made Leek and Potato soup with crusty bread for my partner. Homemade cake was on offer but we had a restaurant table booked for the evening so had to hold back. Aceess is limited to people who are able to make it up a very steep hill with stairs inside due to the age of the building. Other diners at a table nearby asked which dishes were suitable for somebody on a wheat free diet and the waitress had no problem pointing them out to them. You will shed some weight on the way up the hill but then you can make up for that with the delicious food inside. Be warned it was very busy when we ate there so you may have to wait. To be honest that is the only negative aspect I can think of.

Pros: Fab food, Friendly, helpful staff, Lovely old building
Cons: Access difficult due to age of building., Errr, That's the only one I can think of
Mojoruth
Mojoruth

Brilliant Food

5 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2007

We visited Lincoln for the Christmas Markets and despite the Tea Rooms being really busy the food was excellent - staff very friendly and we felt very at home here.
It was great to have a choice of vegan meals and cakes. Will definately be visiting again.

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, choice of vegan meals, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Pimento Tea Rooms: