Pillars of Hercules Organic...

Serves meat, veg options available. The cafe is 100% vegetarian; the shop is not. Set price menu in cafe. BYOB. Live music. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Non-veg

Invisibabe
Invisibabe

Always A Good Option

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2014

Pillars of Hercules never fails to disappoint. Mostly veggie, but always some vegan options available, I tend to visit about once every month. The food is always very enjoyable, the fresh fruit juices too. Even when busy the staff deliver a good standard of service.

Pros: Variety of options, Farm shop attached
christopherjboyce
christopherjboyce

Made a nice stop during a longish bike ride

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

I've been meaning to go to Pillars of Hercules for some time and I finally made it, and was very satisfied. I was told more or less everything could be made vegan so I opted for the burger. It was tasty and the accompanying salad was extremely tasty and fresh. I also had a juice and a cake afterwards. Cake was OK - only two vegan options. It was sunny out so I sat outside in the strawberry fields. It is a nice setting and certainly worth a stop if you're in the area. I'd imagine it is not so easy to get to though but then it is a farm, which is nice to have a nose around. I had a pleasant cycle there (40 mile round trip) and if it was closer I would go there again/often. Probably I will do some walking around the hills there one day and be able to come back.

Pros: Fresh quality produce, Location, Good value
Cons: Location
brit-brit
brit-brit

Fife's Vegan Option

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Hailing from Falkland and having been here many, many a time I do like it but having sampled other Veggie and Vegan cafe's the menu is quite limited/doesn't vary much outwith 'safe' options.

It would be nice to have more vegan options available but as this is Fife's only Vegan friendly place I've found thus far I can't complain too much :).

The environment has improved over the years, service hasn't always been that warm though.

I do still enjoy a visit though.

Pros: Only place to visit in fife for vegans, nice setting, organic
Cons: menu rarely changes, staff friendliness, washing of salad

Stevie
Stevie

Pillars of Hercules, Falkland

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2011

The first thing about this place (unsurprisingly) for a farm is that it doesn't seem to be the handiest place for public transport. Thus you'll likely need your own to get there.

The cafe is 100% vego, the shop is not. I asked what was suitable for a vegan vego and was given the low down on what was and what wasn't suitable by a helpful enough lady behind the til. I went for soup and then a Moroccan tagine. That was fine and with the unseasonally warm weather for April, I was able to eat this at the outdoor picnic tables.

I am unsure whether to rate this as a 3 or a 4. What I had was enjoyable and the setting is very nice but the meat products being sold in the shop makes for marks off for me. Worth a visit if though if you are in the area.

Pros: 100% vego cafe, Vegan vego friendly
Cons: Not 100% vego shop

Dear Owner and Manager of Pillars of Hercules Organic Farm Shop and Cafe: