Serves meat, veg options available. Nepalese restaurant 2 doors from New Bamboo Centre. Has vegetarian starters and mains, including few vegan but do ask about dairy use. Some English spoken. Modern space. Also another location in Kalasatama are of Helsinki. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Nepali, Indian, Non-veg

Clare Bear
Clare Bear

Hungry in Helsinki?

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

After lots of deliberation, we chose to eat here, and were very glad we had ... I was the only vegetarian and the food was great for all of us. The menu contained choices for vegetarians and vegans, the dishes were very tasty and it was excellent value - the price of the main dish included tasty pops to start, rice, nan, salad and condiments. Top choice for food and friendly, helpful service!

Gudrun
Gudrun

Great vegan food, staff a bit grumpy

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

This place surprised me.

When I asked for vegan options the waiter showed me a full-blown 5 course (labelled!) vegan dinner in the menu, plus quite a few vegetarian dishes which could easily be veganized. Unfortunately both times I visited the restaurant I was not so hungry, so I did not go for the 5-course meal. It looked awesome, though.

I went for veganized versions of vegetarian dishes, not after checking if there was no "ghee" etc involved. But the concept of veganism really seemed to be clear to the waiters. The food was just good, and I wish I could get back for the 5-course dinner.

The only downside was that the staff was not overly friendly, it seemed to me they were not thrilled to be asked about ingredients of the food (and I did that in a friendly way!), and they did not ask if I enjoyed the food etc. The second time they did not even say good-bye. And no, I am not aware of any misbehavior from my end...

Pros: great food, loads of vegan options
Cons: staff can be grumpy
jarik
jarik

Best in town

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

Well this is not vegetarian restaurant, BUT staff knows what vegan means, meals are great and athmosphere is relaxed.

On finnish standards price is average. We go here frequently and you know what you get, quality is consistent.

Also lunch is good, if there is no vegan option for that day just ask and they will make special meal for you.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, athmosphere
Cons: could have more vegan options, no vegan desserts

sarahwade
sarahwade

Veg Friendly

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

My husband and I went here for dinner when we visited Helsinki in Aug 09. There were a few vegan options and the food was quite authentic and tasty. The downside was that it was expensive but then most things are in Finland. We paid 1.5 euro for one poppadom and the menu said that it came with pickles but it was just one tiny dish that ran out before we'd finished the poppadoms!! Disappointing. The main course was served like a thali with 3 different curries and rice. The staff were quite friendly too.

Iines
Iines

Great little nepalese place

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2009

Nice intimate atmosphere. I recommend Palak Kofta.

krishna_bhandarii
krishna_bhandarii

Excellent vegetarian food

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2007

Excellent vegetarian dishes. Friendly staff with nice atmosphere.

Pros: excellent food, huge portion, good service

Dear Owner and Manager of Pikku-Nepal: