Pig Minds Brewing

Vegan brew pub opened in May 2012. Husband and wife owners are longtime vegans. All food and 99% of beer is vegan; only exception is at times some guest beers from other regional or national brewies may contain honey. Local beer is brewed in-house. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by lindama
dct
dct

Pigs Mind=Awesomeness

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

Love this place and so grateful they have opened! A refreshing twist on vegan eateries, no wheatgrass in sight and if I do say so, it's got some testosterone to boot. Great food, fantastic craft beers and no guy will have a problem feeling comfortable in this restaurant/bar. Try the wings and the rueben, and the cole slaw is amazing. Highly recommended!

Lindsey
Lindsey

SO good!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

My husband and I were thrilled that this place opened. An all-vegan restaurant outside of Chicago?! We finally got around to visiting this weekend, and the food was absolutely wonderful. My husband said the beer was great too. I don't like beer, so I can't give any details. He liked it enough to get a growler to take home, and this is his new favorite restaurant, beating out Chicago Diner and Native Foods. Since it was our first time here, we ordered two appetizers - fried pickles and nachos. Wow! These were both delicious. The pickles weren't too greasy, and the nachos were artfully presented and high quality. We both had the steakless sandwich, and it had intense flavor. The sides were home-style, filling, and delicious. We're hoping to come back here again and again. I hope this place stays open for a very long time!

Pros: all vegan, delicious food, nicely designed, open atmosphere, easy to get to if you have a car
Cons: kitchen closes much earlier than bar
animallover1014
animallover1014

Finally a Vegan Restaurant in Rockford area!

5 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2012

Have dined here several times with my non-vegetarian husband and we both love it! The food is great! Tried the beer and that was good as well. We even took some of their vegan ranch to go. This restaurant is all vegan-and all good!

lindama
lindama

Finally a restaurant with many vegan options!

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

This is a fairly new brewery/restaurant hiding in Machesney Park, Illinois, kind of behind the Target on Alpine and 173. They make several different beers and serve vegetarian food. We did not have any beer, but we tried several of the reasonably priced sides. Our favorite was the coleslaw, which we don't generally care for. The calico beans and house salad were great and the roasted veggies were good also. The chili was hearty and had a great flavor, but it was way too spicy for us. They kindly took it off our bill. I hope they make a toned down version because we'd like to go back for chili some time. We also ordered an appetizer - pita pita - served with hummus, olive tapenade, and slightly toasted pita wedges. This is very good also. I think they make a different hummus each day. They also serve many sandwiches and wraps.

There is outdoor seating and a bags game available to play. They also had a new hammer-a-nail in a tree stump game. I am thinking they will move this outside because it was very loud inside. The guys had a lot of fun with it though.

We will definitely go back. It was so nice to have more than one vegan option from which to choose.

Pros: vegan options, good food, friendly staff
Cons: noisy but it is a brewery

Dear Owner and Manager of Pig Minds Brewing: