Serves vegan international cuisine and has muffins, cake, and juices. Offers hazelnut milk with coffee. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Argentinian, International, Juice bar, Fast food

First Review by ninovictor
NataliaNaso
NataliaNaso

Great food! Very poor service!

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

100% vegan! The food is great, but it can be pricey for us here in Argentina. There are set menus (very very good), or you can pick whatever you want form the display fridge or oven: hamburgers, salads, sandwiches, empanadas,
Really tasty pastries ! I love the cranberry muffins, the lemon pie, and the croissants.
The place is really cosy, beautifully decorated.
The service is not good at all, basically because the staff are not friendly or welcoming.

Pros: very tasty food, 100% vegan, beautiful place, conveniently located
Cons: poor service, expensive for local people
florenciavegana0909
florenciavegana0909

Está bueno

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

El lugar es muy lindo, tres plantas, linda decoración. Detesto los carteles sobre el medio ambiente y lo orgánico, pero no queda otra, es lo que vende. Sobre animales solo vi uno solo y en frente del baño, sobre productos testeados, pero bueno.
La comida es un 7,50. La hamburguesa de quinoa está dentro de todo bien, pero si le pones una salsa o algo, sino es medio seca. Los menúes son bastante caros y las porciones no están tan buenas. Las medialunas son caras, super integrales, tengo que ponerle azucar si las como, pero no sé porqué siempre las termino comprando.
Los muffins son caros pero grandes y te llenan, el café es caro tambien y trae poco.
Me gustan los sandwiches que estan en las heladeras, salen arriba de 35 pesos pero por una vez cada tanto y si tenes mucha hambre, van bien.
Lo peor es si en la caja te atiende una rubia, es una mala onda total que se nota que no tiene ganas de trabajar. Después hay un chico y una chica que creo que es chilena que son buena onda, pero cada vez que me toca la rubia me pregunto para qué fui.
La pastelería se ve muy buena, nunca comi porque no me da el presupuesto.

Pros: El lugar, Ubicación
Cons: Comida seca, Precios un poquito excesivos
larissarnunes
larissarnunes

Great location, good food, bad service

3 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

It was nice to find a vegan cafeteria in Buenos Aires, and in such a good location. Calle Florida is a great street to walk, and when we finished walking, there it was, the Picnic. The food is not amazing, but is tasty and cheap at the same time. The beverages were interesting, and there was also an icecream machine, which was not that tasty. But the low point here was the service. The people in the cashier were very rude and they didn't help us at all with the menu options and didn't want to explain anything about the food. It almost seemed like they didn't know how to explain. So, if you are vegan and you need a place to grab a bite, go to Picnic, but be prepared to a poor service.

Pros: Honest food, 100% vegan, Good beverages
Cons: Really bad service

Rich Estranho
Rich Estranho

A fast food oasis in meat and cheese central

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Multi-floor corner location at start of a major shopping street (C/Florida) with wide selection of cafe food, all vegan, with great baked goods. Very welcoming to natives of all food genres in a very central location, large enough to take substantial revenues from MacDonalds and extract some demand away from them.

Pros: Excellent food range & quality, Good service, Competitive prices
Cons: That there are not more of them
TLC Veg.
TLC Veg.

friendly staff, great food!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

All Vegan!! This made us so happy on our trip !! Great cakes, loved my veggie Burger and salad. A few options were sold out when we arrived at 6:30.

Kadaniel
Kadaniel

Not Perfect But Good

3 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

The prices are okay, I had a hamburger a few potatoes and a water. Bit small portions, but fine for a small lunch. It was the best vegan food I ate in BA, however would not core back if those place would be in my hometown Berlin. Potatoes were cold, bread to dry and the barbecue sauce - u could take by yourself - was too watery thin. They also don't like salt, I think. :)
I had two wait in front of the kitchen standing - with many people around - till my name was shouted.
As it is completely vegan and in comparison two the rest of BA I give 4*.
In Germany however, this would be a 3. ;)

Pros: all vegan , near city center , diversity in food
Cons: bit pricey for BA, Waiting time while standing , not totally tasty
joakimikaoj
joakimikaoj

Tiramisu!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

The food is good, but to pricey for such small portions. Service was better than I expected from comments - after all it's not a cosy local Indian place but a business district fast food joint.. I came back for the tiramisu though, fluffy heaven at 25 pesos! I think they are opening up in other locations: Google it!

Pros: pretty interior design , finally a vegan chain!!!, raspberry soap in bathrooms
Cons: lots of (plastic and aluminum) packaging
choogirl
choogirl

Great empanadas

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

I bought some vegan empanadas and some raw snacks here for the bus. I really enjoyed the food.

If you're in a hurry, they have a great selection of take away items including baked goods and salads.

They also have a vegan soft serve ice cream, which I wanted to try but was too full.

Pros: All vegan, Desserts
Maddita
Maddita

Good food, bad bad service!

3 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2014

I wish I could give this place "5 stars" because it's one of the very few all vegan restaurant in Buenos Aires, but unfortunately it's not the best one.

The food is great, at least what I got to try...since almost everything was sold out by the time I got there. The kitchen closes at 4 PM, but the place is still open til much later. They could have a big sign that says that, that would be of much help for those who don't get the time to check their internet site before visiting.

The service is really bad, the staff there looks unhappy and like they hate their job. Both times I was there they forgot the juice I orderded.

The place looks very cozy and its beautifully decorated.

The salads are OK, the burger and the falafel are very good. The hummus is not really hummus, it's something else with a lot of olive oil. The muffins are OK, but too dry for my taste. The Orange and ginger juice is awesome.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Bad service, unhappy staff, Weird schedule, The hummus
anelisedecarli
anelisedecarli

Miracle in BsAs

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

When I was a vegan-organic restricted person in Buenos Aires and not having a place tocook, it was really difficult to survive. Then I found this incredible place in the heart of the city, near everything. That made me realize I was a normal gifted turist that had choosen a preferred restaurant in the city.

Pros: organic stuff!, very-well located, really beautiful place to be
Cons: a little expensive, service people doesn't looked very happy
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Decent

3 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

We ate here on our last day in BA. It was probably our least favorite vegan meal. The burger and fries were OK, but not fantastic, especially for the price. I suppose it's in a great location on Florida street, and perhaps it will encourage more shoppers to eat vegan, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Cons: price
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

pretty good...

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

could be better. nothing that amazing about picnic. some of the food is tasty, and some of the options are kind of bland. if you go around closing time, you can get two for one with the pre-made sandwiches. not bad, 30 pesos for two sandwiches. although, the better sandwiches are usually sold out by that time.

e37e
e37e

VEGAN DELIGHT IN BA

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2012

I am leaving the old review below. They have changed owners and some of the kitchen staff. The place is still cool, but the desserts where much better.... The old owners are now in a place 3 blocks from there called VITA and the delicious sweet stuff can be found there, however I prefer the comfort of Picnic, but the desserts from VITA.

.....

This restaurant is way far from where I live but I go there a lot anyway because I love it. The food is 100% vegan and delicious, I understand that people might call it fast food because it comes out fast because of how organized they have all the stuff, but it is HEALTHY, not oily, not fried, not in my definition of fast food. The guys and gals are super nice. And I just LOVE the decoration, the couches, tables, walls, everything is beautiful. It is in downtown so the surroundings have a lot of people moving, but it is lovely because it is in one big corner and it has huge glass windows from where you can appreciate the beautiful architecture of downtown BA without the noise. The best thing is that they have yummy bakery stuff!!! OMG the raw strawberry cake and raw lemon pie and my Goodness- the cupcakes!!! (the ones that have cream on top). They also have a nice juice bar and they are very yummy. The place is very clean. Raw options.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 17, 2012

Pros: YUMMY BAKERY, ALL VEGAN FOOD AND NICE FELLAS, GREAT DECORATION AND ATMOSPHERE
Cons: FUNKY SCHEDULE
theveganbastard
theveganbastard

a good place to meet friends

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

A really good place to visit with friends, nice music and decoration. The staff also is very nice, and I highly recommend the meal 2 it was the best burguer ever

happybrowncow
happybrowncow

Ok...

3 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

Glad there *are* such veggie-friendly places at all, but the pizza base was greasy and smothered entirely with just sundried tomatoes - nothing like the fresh, green veges pictured on the menu. Ginger+orange drink was dilute ... but again, glad to have meat-free places around.

Pros: Friendly staff, Open till 9.30pm weekdays, Good location
Cons: Most of 'menu' was not available, Food not as fresh as I'd like
camipassos
camipassos

Excelent place

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Picnic is a more than pleasant place right in the heart of buenos aires! first thing u see when u reach calle florida, welcoming you with the sentence "viva la vida"! the place is great, the food is great, the service is great and the prices are great too! divided in two sections, first floor serving hot food nd the entrance floor serving salads, sandwiches nd cupcakes nd more! sweet tooth vegans: u r gonna b in heaven! I totally recommend!

floconnor
floconnor

Great place for vegans in BA

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Very nice enviroment with goog vegan options to eat.
It's an oasis for vegans in Florida st. Recommended!

Pros: Vegan, Hazelnut milk, Nice enviroment
Marguerite
Marguerite

Super all-around friendly and vegan

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2012

Good people, friendly service, patient staff, very good food: a haven from the meat onslaught...

Sweetsop
Sweetsop

mmmmm

2 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2012

I went there to lunch because a friend of mine told me about this new place.
I order falafel menu and rustic potatoes with dips.
Never got sense of the food flavour... maybe they dont use the right condiments¿¿??¿

christytoes
christytoes

Very fun vegan restaurants in BA

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

This is a very cool vegan restaurant in the heart of Buenos Aires. It has huge windows and lots of places to sit and watch the people-lined street. The vegan menu was great. This is not a dinner place, just a breakfast, lunch, and coffee place. Highly recommended!

Pros: Location, Friendly staff, Beautiful space
aifos
aifos

great

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2012

Huge place, good value, healthy vegan food.
I was amazed when I found this place.
I would recommend this to anyone vegan or not.

Pros: vegan, cheap, tasty food
orangensaft
orangensaft

Disappointing

2 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2011

I didn't enjoy my food as much as I was hoping, I had the clasico burger with salad and it was pretty bland, the bun seemed a bit stale as well. Could have done with some ketchup aha. It's a shame as I really wanted to love this place.

• orangensaft orangensaft

Also I noticed that they were selling milk and granola, (it didn't mention that it was soy milk or anything) so the exclusively vegan label might need reviewing.

• mandals mandals

I was wondering about this too, so I asked today when I was in buying some food and they said they do not have cows milk, but instead it is 'milk' made from hazelnuts. I assume it doesn't mention it because they don't want to scare people off?

ninovictor
ninovictor

Muy buen restaurante

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

Buen lugar, trato excelente, y por supuesto buena comida vegana. No hay que perdérselo.

Dear Owner and Manager of Picnic: