CLOSED: PICK-A-PEA

Serves meat, veg options available. The first 100% organic fast food restaurant in Germany. All meals are freshly made-in-house with mostly products from the region. You can get all menu items in a vegan version, including burgers, currywurst, french fries, salads, soup and curries. Vegan and vegetarian items are prepared on a separate grill using separate utensils and pans. DEC 2014 THE RETAIL OUTLET AT THIS LOCATION SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
Lindenstrasse 48
Cologne, Germany 50674
0049-221-26053572

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by CKglutenfree
CKglutenfree
CKglutenfree

good with some gluten free

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

I went here with my 2 young kids and enjoyed the meal. As someone who has to eat gluten and dairy free I find it very difficult to find places that accommodate both. The food was good (not amazing, but good). The menu is clearly labeled whether something is vegetarian or vegan. The service was excellent. The man working at the counter spoke English and happily pointed out all gluten free options to me (even checking an ingredient book to make sure). I ended up getting a curry soup with chick peas, lentils, squash, peppers, etc. (3 soups were available - all vegan and g.f) My kids each got a burger but could have split one. The servings were large - we actually weren't able to finish any of the things we ordered (burgers would be a normal adult portion just big for young kids). We ordered one soup, one large fry to share, 2 burgers, and 2 drinks - it was about 30 euros which was pretty expensive but worth it for my own peace of mind (knowing I wasn't eating food that I can't tolerate).

Pros: gluten free options, helpful staff (English speaking), clearly labeled menu
Cons: wish the veggie burgers were gluten free!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: PICK-A-PEA: