Pianeta Verde

Vegetarian and vegan Italian restaurant in the historic city centre. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Beer/Wine
Via San Biagio, Via Rosario, 73
Matera, Italy 75100

First Review by Vihtori
DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

PURE PLEASURE

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

all the senses are tantalized, and even senses you didn't know you have. This restaurant will effect your perception of all things after.

The art is beyond beautiful, the food extraordinary, divine... the wine... the desserts... espresso TRUE PLEASURE

I love this place. The manager takes so much care of us, and loves all those who are loving.

Pros: LOVE LOVE LOVE, UNIQUE MEALS, BREATHTAKING ART
rabz
rabz

wonderful restaurant , creative chef

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

It took sometime to find Pianite Verde but it was worth every step. This is a pearl in an area with very few options for those wishing to dine in a fully vegetarian establishment. We came tow nights in a row and enjoyed every minute. The chef/ owner is very creative. I am a long time vegetarian and my dream is to be surprised in new restaurants and here I was very happily surprised. Exceptionally are the zucchini and carrot spaghetti (wonderful raw food entree), black rice with vegetables and the fantastic antipasto.Also worth trying is the local pasta with sea plants/grass.

Pros: excellent food, good value , very friendly staff
kathrynmyra
kathrynmyra

Pianeta Verde a Happy Find

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

We had been wanting to go to this restaurant in Matera, but didn't know how we'd ever find it. By good fortune we just happened to walk by it on our first evening there, as we were on our way to look for some gelato. The server was very friendly and passionate about the vegan diet, and I was happy to have an opportunity to practice my not-very-good Italian with her. The cook came out several times, first to greet us, and then to check on how we were enjoying the food. It was nicely presented, very fresh and quite different from what I'm used to in Italy. All the clients that we saw seemed to be regulars, and happy to be there. A very enjoyable experience!

Pros: fresh, clean food, well-presented, beautiful decor, lovely environment, warm, friendly staff
Cons: possibly hard to find without a good map
Vihtori
Vihtori

Delicious food in a wonderful environment

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

It is not so easy to travel to Matera, but it's worth it for Sassi (the historical center) and this restaurant (my third reason was Giro d'Italia, May 2013). The location is first of all perfect. It's not difficult to find because it's not deeply inside Sassi, but rather on an easily reached road, but still with a view to the Sassi. The menu includes some typical local (Puglia) dishes like orecchiette pasta (in "primi piatti"), risotto etc., but also seitan etc. for "secondi piatti" cooked in special ways. But, there is a lot of improvisation too. On my first night there I ordered from the menu, but on the second night there it was up to the cook/owner to decide. And he is a really nice person too. It's very clear he loves his restaurant and cooking! Also, the price was moderate. There are not so many vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Italy, so it's surprising to find one of the best in a small town like Matera!

Dear Owner and Manager of Pianeta Verde: