Serves meat, veg options available. Del Mar Loop Location. Gluten-free thin crust, vegan cheese (daiya), and vegan meat substitutes are available. Staff is knowledgeable about veganism. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

First Review by Gidgit
abacus
abacus

Really yummy vegan pizza

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

The food was really good and the staff weren't thrown by vegan options at all (they were also all really nice). They have a separate menu for "meatless Mondays" where all the pizza & sides options are meat-free (meat still available). Vegan options are also available all week.

The pizza was really, really good. I wasn't excited about any of the pre-made vegan pizza options, so I did a build-your-own. It turned out really tasty, but at $12 for a small (more like a medium from somewhere else) and then $1.50 for the Daiya cheese and $1.50 per topping (large is $16, then $2 each), it can add up really fast.

I will say, they put a lot of each topping on, so you'd probably be good stopping at 3 or 4, which would make it pretty reasonable. They're all high-quality ingrediants, so the pizza is very high quality.

The only vegan dough they have is the thin crust, but the waitress did say that if you gave them a few hours' warning (like 6), they could do a deep-dish vegan pizza, they just don't keep it on hand.

If you do stop by, I'd also recommend the local root beer. Fitz's (I think....)

Pros: vegan options for pizza!!!!!!, Meatless Mondays, Tons of toppings options
Cons: Thin crust is only vegan menu choice, Spendy for custom pizza
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Worst Service!

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

It takes them about four times to get my healthy pizza correctly done, but be that as it may this is a great place at the Loop. We like sitting outside on warm nights with pizza and organic beer. They just need to write down orders better.

Pros: setting
Cons: covered in oil, fatty
Gidgit
Gidgit

AMAZING

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2010

Thin crust is vegan, they use Daiya vegan cheese substitute, which is fantastic. It's creamy and stretchy just like the real stuff. They have match meat chicken and sausage to choose from, so there are plenty of pizza options. The waitress was a bit rude, but once I had my first bite it no longer mattered. I never thought that I would see a place to get vegan pizza in the city of St. Louis, but alas, here it is. The decor is very warm and inviting, while still trendy. Usually I find chain stores that have a vegan crust and order veggie pizzas with the cheese taken off, but never again. This restaurant will definitely be a part of my regular eating out routine.

Please note-the taste of the food outweighs all of the cons.

Pros: Amazing food, A lot of emphasis on being "green"., Mostly organic, even the alcohol.
Cons: Waitress was a little curt., A bit pricey, Hard to find parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Pi - Delmar: