Serves meat, veg options available. CWE Location. Gluten-free thin crust, vegan cheese (daiya), and vegan meat substitutes are available. Staff is knowledgeable about veganism. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
ophelia
ophelia
  • non-vegetarian

Trendy gathering place

3 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

Yes, Pi may be a trendy gathering place for certain groups of people, but for those who have dietary restrictions, it is not a first choice place. If one is looking for a low fat menu, he will have to accept salad as his only choice. For those who may enjoy the delights of cheese and creamy fare, then this is the place.

One curious practice is the extra charge for ordering an alcohol drink "neat." I was charged $1.00 for no ice. When I questioned the waiter, I learned I might also be charged for ice. If charged extra either way, why not add the cost to the beverage price? And why charge extra at all? To make the drinks look more pleasing. The quantity is not at all generous for the price.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Fun bar!

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

The pizza is too fatty for me to eat and its hard for them to get any order right when I try to order healthy, but for someone jonesing for vegan pizza they have diaya cheese and match meats. They have a phenom of a pastry chef, too Matthew who makes amazing vegan desserts, as well. Its probably healthiest just to drink the beer and enjoy the bar atmosphere.

Pros: nice bar
Cons: fatty
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Fantastic Vegan Pizza!

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

Vegan pizza in St. Louis? It really does exist! The Euclid location is in a posh neighborhood and overall it's a really nice inside. The waiter was very friendly and was very knowledgeable about the vegan options. First off, the thin crust is vegan, however, although the thick crust is also made from vegan ingredients, they use butter in the rising process (as he told me), so the end product of the thick crust is not vegan. So back to the amazing vegan pizza, the cheese is made from Daiya cheese (the most amazing vegan cheese out there now, it melts and stretches) and St. Louis' very own Match meat...I also had some green peppers and onions thrown in there. I was floored after my first bite, the pizza was sooo good, and I'd venture to say that it's the best I've had in the Midwest!

Dear Owner and Manager of Pi - Euclid: