Serves meat, veg options available. Vietnamese noodle soup eatery chain. All are meat except for one veggie pho that's vegan. Casual and quick. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Fabien
Fabien

cheap, hearty, and delicious

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

The Pho Than Brothers menu is comprised solely of pho (Vietnamese noodle soup), headlined by a vegan broth which is the best I've had. A rich, savory soup containing chunks of fried tofu, a soft nest of rice noodles, and straw mushrooms, wonderful on a cold day. A plate of accoutrements--bean sprouts, lime, basil, and a cream puff--arrives immediately, so if vegan, ask to hold the cream puff when you order.

Four sizes of soup, all huge and inexpensive. Friendly and quick. A haven in West Seattle, which is a pretty veg-hostile landmass compared to the rest of the city. Chaco Canyon, of course, is a wonderful haven, but for a cheaper, quicker, simpler meal, I highly recommend Pho Than Brothers. I've been twice--once swaddled in sweaty biking gear, headlamp beaming, and once in my pyjamas, and both times I lingered a long while with a book; nobody batted an eyelid or nudged me on.

They also offer a variety of teas and coffees--their chrysanthemum tea, which is lightly sweetened, was a new and lovely taste for me.

Pros: delicious, cheap, friendly-but-pleasantly-hands-off

Dear Owner and Manager of Pho Than Brothers: