Serves meat, veg options available. Offers around 6 main dishes that are vegetarian. The sauces that accompany the dishes are vegan. Vermicelli rice noodles, vegetarian egg rolls, tofu spring rolls. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Take-out, Non-veg
700 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd Ste D (San Marcos Blvd)
San Marcos , California 92069
760-599-1200

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Veg
Veg
Veg

Not Too Vegetarian

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

Went to try this place today. They have a very small menu section titles Vegetarian. I asked about my favorite Vietnamese dish listed in that section, called "Rice Vermicelli with Imperial Rolls." It is normally served with fish sauce. I asked them how they serve it as Vegetarian and they said with fish sauce! When I asked if they offer a substitute sauce, they offered me a packet of soy sauce. Yikes!

I suggest a lot of caution when ordering vegetarian dishes here. I will also add they did not speak or understand English very well. You are better off trying other places.

On a side note, a place next door serves Vietnamese sandwiches. They offer a fried tofu sandwich. The flavor is a little light, but the hot sauces spice it up nicely - for $3.25

Pros: Lots of Empty Tables, Plenty of Parking
Cons: Poor Staff Communication, Not Reliable Vegetarian Options

Dear Owner and Manager of Pho San Marcos: