Serves meat, veg options available. Opened late-2011. Large menu with the usual Vietnamese dishes and pho noodle with meat and some Chinese food but also several veg suitable dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Chinese, Asian, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by bigwigglystyyle
Navegante
Navegante

Strange Experience.... Tofu is only Vegan protein.

2 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

So I tried this place for lunch and noticed they advertise 'vegetarian' on the outside. I went in and inquired if they have any vegan dishes. The hostess didn't know what I meant. I explained 'vegan' to her, and she got her manager. I was really surprised when the manager didn't know what the word 'vegan' meant either. I explained, and we determined that because the mock-meats they serve have egg whites, that the only vegan protein option is the tofu. They only serve ham fried rice (not veggie-fried rice) so I had to have plain white rice. The spring rolls and soup are not vegan either. That means no vegan lunch specials. I ordered off the regular menu. Alright, that being said - I tried the Kung Pao dish with tofu, and it was delicious and not expensive. Also, it was a large portion that will feed me for lunch and dinner today. The restaurant is large, and there was practically nobody in there. A bit weird being all alone in a large restaurant space. The service was a bit slow/inattentive, although they seemed to be nice. The fortune cookies also have egg = not vegan. :-( After paying, I was given a punch card - get 10th meal free. :-)

Pros: Cheap food, Lots of vegetarian options
Cons: Inattentive service, Few vegan options, besides tofu, Staff didn't know what vegan means.
bigwigglystyyle
bigwigglystyyle

Best Vegetarian Chinese food in SLC

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2012

Can I give Pho Que Huong 10 stars? I'm so happy I found this place. Pho Que Huong has a huge selection of vegetarian "meats". They have orange "chicken," sesame "chicken", sweet and sour, you catch my drift? They also have "beef". I also love the egg rolls and fried rice. The traditional Vietnamese noodles are also amazing. All of the vegetarian dishes are exceptional, I personally can't even tell they're fake. This is a big plus for me because I've been missing out on Chinese food for so long. They have a huge menu with not only vegetarian items, but meat items (for the rest of your family) as well. They give you huge portions for the price. They deliver. They have great service as well. I'm going to be a long time customer of this wonderful restaurant! Try this restaurant, you'll never go back to sub par Chinese food!

Pros: Excellent food/menu, Large Portions, Options for meat eaters as well

Dear Owner and Manager of Pho Que Huong: