Serves meat, veg options available. Traditional Vietnamese food with some vegan and vegetarian dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Vietnamese, Non-veg

temporaryhero
temporaryhero

Pad Thai for the Win!

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

After spending some time looking for an excuse to travel south to visit Pho 75, we finally got our chance tonight. My in-laws were in town from Florida for my eldest's graduation, and have been up since Thursday (today is a Monday). Being a vegan, there are only so many places in the south part of the Valley that have any love for my people, and we didn't want to repeat restaurants on the in-laws. With them flying out of BDL in the morning, and Pho 75 right near the airport... the opportunity arose.

So we drove down for dinner. Finding the place is easy-- it IS right on the eponymous Route 75 after all. You kind of need to know it's there-- the signage is flush to the building and not particularly easy to see from the street. Thank heavens for my trusty GPS. The decor on the inside is funky (in a good way). The menu is not expansive, but has a good number of options both for the carnivore crowd as well as my people.

As for the food. Well.

The menu breaks out a vegan section so vegans can be clear as to what is safe and what is not. Vegetarian elements are mixed in with the main menu (though some reappear in the vegan section.) Very handy to know.

I started with the watermelon slush, and it was very light and tasty. I will definitely be ordering that again. We ordered a few plates of pot stickers for the table-- they were very nice. Light, crisp, and fresh. I only had the veggie ones, but the meat eaters noted the pork ones were tasty too. My main dish was the vegan pad thai. It was outstanding. The tastes were clean and bright; and the tofu was simply the best cooked I'd ever had. It was simply magnificent, and worth the price of admission just for that. It had the toothiness not unlike a beef, with a hoisin-based flavor (I think), Just wonderful. My wife had a pho, and loved it. There was a snafu with my youngest's order-- she didn't enunciate her order well, and the server missed that she wanted to tofu rice and brought the meat one instead-- but that was remedied very quickly and pleasantly.

On the way out, we were treated to a pot of black tea with fresh ginger slices that was both very kind and a great nightcap to the non-drinking group we were with.

I had originally been planning on Indian for Father's Day on Sunday. I have changed my mind. I'll be ambling into Pho 75 for my Dad's Day meal, and quite happily indeed.

Highly, highly recommend.

Pros: Vegan-specific menu section
Cons: A little hard to find, Noisy fans
DeeKay
DeeKay

EXTREMELY GOOOD VEGAN FOOD!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

Been here ever since the restaurant open in 2012, even though they offer a wide variety of non-veggie meal, they have truely dedicated a vegetarian menu!

They are the only Vietnamese restaurant in Hartford, that offer vegan Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup), they also have Vegan tofu rice with variety of exotic veggies. The wonderful thing about this place is that they cater to your needs, if you want to add or subtract anything on the menu they will be happy to do so.

Come by and give them a try! their Vegan menu are strictly vegan and very very delicious!

Pros: Vegan Pho, Strictly Vegan, Cater to your taste buds
Cons: Wish I can put 5 cows star!, More 5 stars, None
malibudrea
malibudrea

Fantastic Vietnamese vegan food!

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

This was the third time my husband and I ate at Pho 75 and we wish we ate here every weekend. The owner recently updated the menu which used to have "vegetarian" items mixed in with the non-veg dishes, and has now made an all vegan section. The food is amazing. It is flavorful and fresh, and presented in creative dishes. Check out the Vietnamese sandwich its quite yummy. My favorite is the Vermicelli tofu which comes in a large bowl with 2 crispy rolls, noodles, fried tofu, cilantro, bean sprouts, and a nice sauce you mix it together with. Prices are very reasonable - $12.99 was the most expensive. The atmosphere is very nice too. The waitstaff is extremely pleasant and the owner, Kevin, was friendly and made sure we were enjoying our food. Definitely check this place out. It's great to now have a vegan restaurant north of Hartford.

Pros: Excellent food, Great portions for the price, Comfy atmosphere
Cons: Wish it were all vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Pho 75: