Serves meat, veg options available. Persian menu with a few Lebanese appetizers. Small section of vegetarian items. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Moderate more-less
Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Persian, Non-veg
1026 SW Morrison St
Portland, Oregon 97205

Call for hours - tell us

• Reservations required

First Review by kindlizard

Good, not great

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

The food was above average; so where the prices. Lots of veg options, though there is plenty of non-veg on the menu. Friendly but slow service -- it took 2 hours for us to get through dinner, most of that time waiting for our food to arrive. The lone server was pleasant and apologetic, and the food was tasty, though the accompanying side veg were overcooked. Negatives: right on the light-rail line, so a constant rumbling as trains pass. This bothered me, not so much other family members. This particular block has four restaurants in a row, each with a lot of veg dishes (Italian, Lebanese, Indian) so well worth the trip. Take your choice -- all seemed busy!

Pros: Wonderful staff, Yummy entries, Plentiful veg choices
Cons: Glacial service, Noise and vibration from train

Surprised to see it listed; was pretty good though

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

I ate here not too long ago just walking around town. They had many items to choose. I enjoyed most of what I ate though it is close quarters and is close to a lot of meat. I think if you are sensitive to that, it would be a gamble. If not, then give it a shot, the food is authentic and better than I expected.

Not sure it should be listed here though, but whatever...

Dear Owner and Manager of Persian House: