Historic gelateria in Florence downtown. Also offering soy and rice milk based gelato, as well as fruit and chocolate sorbet. closed on Tue. more-less
Via dei Tavolini, 19
Florence, Italy 50122

Mon 12:00pm-8:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

First Review by SnuggleBear
MarkHelmy
MarkHelmy

Amazing gelato.

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I stopped in Florence yesterday as part of a backpacking trip round Europe. When I entered Italy I had four goals eat good pizza, pasta, coffee and ice cream. Alas so far my attempts at pizza and pasta have been failures however ice cream has been a huge success! Perche no is a pretty gelato shop offering traditional Ice cream in the heart of Florence. It didn't take me long to find it and when I did I was presently surprised. Not only did the lady who served me know what a vegan was she also informed me that on top of a large selection of soy and rice milk Ice cream flavours they also had vegan/ gluten free cones. I wasted no time in picking 3 flavours to go in my cone (chocolate, vanilla and one that tasted of ferrero rocher!) it all came to about €2. There was no doubt in my mind once I tasted it, that it was the best ice cream I had ever tasted. Honestly well worth a visit you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Cheap, Lots of vegan choice, Friendly staff
akanne
akanne

Seriously, Perche No?

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

I loved this place! Not only it's heavenly to be understood what vegan is but to be able to trust that the ice cream and the cones are vegan! The servers were super friendly and speak English!!! The prices are ok, the big vegan waffle cone is 5 Euros but they give you 3 flavors and it's humongous! the little vegan cone is 3 Euros I think and they still give you 2 big portions. I stayed at the Maxim Hotel, only 2 blocks away from Perche No. I think I gained about 2 pounds from going there almost every day.

I hope to return to Florence soon and I will definitely pay them another visit. I highly recommend them!

Pros: Delicious Ice Cream, Friendly service, Really Vegan
Marco Vegano
Marco Vegano

Fair-trade vegan chocolate and vegan cones!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

I was happy to have fair-trade (equo solidale) vegan chocolate ice cream on a vegan cone! Magnificent ice cream!!

Unaban
Unaban

Delightful

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

We were staying in Florence for the whole month of May and it was hard to resist visiting Perche No every day. It felt like being back at the seaside as a child, and was an important contributor to a wonderful holiday.

Pros: Great variety of vegan ices, Very friendly and helpful staff
Cons: It is not in Scotland!
AshleyLorden
AshleyLorden

Good chocolate and fruit flavors, soy flavors okay

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

Perche No claims to be Florence's original gelateria -- it was established in 1939. It's a tiny shop but there are a few benches outside to sit, or take your gelato for a stroll in the beautiful downtown area.

You choose a cone or cup and a price (2 to 10 euro I believe). The front case has all the vegan flavors but also one or two non-vegan so be sure to ask. The chocolate and fruit flavors were good when we went, but the vanilla soy was a miss, sweet and odd taste. Still, I would return. The 3e cones were actually tasty, not cardboard, the place was cheery and most of what we tried was good.

Pros: At least 6 vegan choices, Helpful service
Cons: May sometimes have "misses"
AlyssaMiller
AlyssaMiller

Disappointed

3 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

When I asked which flavors did not have milk (and I said this in Italian) they pointed to a whole separate case. Of course the one flavor that I asked to try was the only flavor with milk in that case. This made me really grumpy because not only am I vegan, but I am highly allergic to milk. So this wasn't a great start.

I tried to ignore this, and still try the vegan gelato flavors. I honestly didn't like themt. To me, the soy hazelnut had no taste, the chocolate was icy and the fruit tasted artificial and too sweet.

I prefer other gelato shops where the fruit flavors taste natural. I would not go back here again.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: not careful, artificial fruit flavors
Sprout
Sprout

Perche YES!

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

This is a popular gelato spot in the heart of Florence. The staff speaks enough English to help you identify which options are "senza latte" (without milk.) They typically had two soy-based gelatos and several fruity-flavored sorbettos. These were generally kept up in the front case, but there is sometimes a non-vegan flavor up there, so be sure to ask (when I was there, the lavender wasn't vegan but everything else in the front case was.) The have a good variety of flavors and we were able to sample many of them over our four days in Florence.

Many gelato places have sorbetto, granita, or soy/almond/rice gelato available, but this place is supposed to be one of the better establishments in Florence and it certainly didn't disappoint. It's a great way to cap off an evening in the city, so go grab a coni and stroll down to the Arno in the twilight!

Pros: tasty soy gelato, refreshing sorbetto, nice staff
SnuggleBear
SnuggleBear

Great options, friendly staff

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

This place was wildly busy when we went but we were met with a smile and some healthy helpings of gelato. There were about 8 vegan options and they are right up front. I went two days in a row and had coffee, hazzlenut, and chocolate flavors. Great way to beat the midday heat and I am thankful for these considerations.

Pros: Conveniently in the center of Florence, Vegan Options up front

Dear Owner and Manager of Perche No: