Pepples Organic Donuts

This location is a little kiosk across from Sur La Table at the south end of the Ferry building, Pier 1. Sells a variety of organic, vegan donuts, from plain to specialty flavors. Their all vegan bakery is based in Oakland. Uses 100% organically certified ingredients to make cake donuts. more-less

First Review by teafour2
Eviecus
Eviecus

vegan donuts - oh yeah!

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

Was delighted that I made it to this place! I read about it here and really wanted to go. I tried the Vanilla Glaze, Salted Caramel, Lemon Poppyseed and Blueberry! I loved them all and would eat them all day! Yes, it's pricey but I never ever get to eat donuts at home, this was the first vegan donut I've found. America's great!

Pros: vegan donuts!!!!, delicious selections, friendly staff
Cons: every city should have a Pepples!
crewumiami
crewumiami

Yum

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

I love to try vegan donuts and I must say, it was worth the trip to the Ferry Buidling while on vacation. The donuts where different from others I have tried, but very tasty. I would rate my second favorite donut place

Pros: taste
Cons: price
shsmile23
shsmile23

Absolute Goodness!

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

During my visit to San Fran, one of my main objectives was to visit this little shop...and I am so glad I did. The donuts looked so awesome that prior to even tasting one, I bought a dozen; one of each kind they had. I thought each and every one was amazing...no complaints at all except that I wished they shipped.

Pros: vegan, organic, delish!!!
Cons: can only buy locally
veganamanda
veganamanda

Yummy, but not amazing

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I bought 6 donuts when I visiting Pepples: Strawberry, Vanilla Glaze, Salted Caramel, Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Brownie, and Cinnamon Sugar. There were only two kinds of donuts, plain and chocolate, and then they were covered in different frostings. The plain donuts were moist and cakey. The chocolate donuts were too dry. THe frostings were good, though I wish there had been flavor in the donut themselves.

The man working was very nice and helpful. They do take square/credit cards. I paid $13.00 for 6 donuts, but they are more money if you buy fewer.

Pros: location, donuts!, many options
Cons: dry, all cakey, limited flavor

EdGauci
EdGauci

Vegan donuts, what's not to like?

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

As others have mentioned, this is a tiny booth in the main hallway at the ferry building. But donuts don't really need much room. I work near here, but I don't come often because, well, they're donuts. Very tasty. My last stop here was after the 2012 Bay to Breakers, on my way back to the Caltrain station. After running 7.5 miles, I deserved a donut (OK, 2 donuts).

Pros: Very good, Not too expensive, nice location
Cons: calories
Chia
Chia

Yummy Vegan Donuts

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to try it on a recent trip to San Francisco. Here's my Pepples Organic Donuts review.

I was totally surprised to see how tiny their booth was -- just a small table with 2 tray assorted flavors of donut for display. When you order, the staff takes a donut from boxes behind her (and not the display table).

On the Sunday I was here, there were a wide variety of donuts on display, from plain to lemon, to chocolate cookie, and others. I got a coconut chocolate, and it was good. The donut tasted healthier than your conventional baked goods.

The price range is from $2 to $3.50, which is typical of specialty vegan baked goods. Coming from West Los Angeles, these are average prices, and not high. In LA, I've bought vegan donuts for $4/each (crazy!).

Pros: nice selection of flavors, good taste, all vegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Pepples Organic Donuts

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

As said below, yes the donuts are pricey, but how often do you come across a cheap vegan donut? Two vegan donuts will run you nearly $6. I ordered the chocolate sprinkles donut and the most-ordered donut, caramel salt. Both of the donuts were really good - they were close to 5-star Seattle based Mighty-O's donuts, but not quite there. If I lived in SF, I'd certainly get these again.

Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Excellent donuts

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

They supply Herbivore, which is the first place I tried them, and I loved the blueberry donut I tried there. A little pricey but worth it. They are pretty dense so one should do the trick.

intheend
intheend

Tasty donuts

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2011

I tried the salted caramel, strawberry, and meyer lemon donut. They were all very good and these are super dense donuts so you don't get hungry for a long time. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the price, these are super expensive! Oh well, they were worth it though and I'm glad I tried them.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

large variety of donuts

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

As we arrived by ferry, we had to stop by Pepples to check out the donuts. They have a small kiosk, but they had a plate out of the available donuts, somewhere close to 2 dozen different kinds. It was hard to choose! We went with the Coffee and the Chocolate Cookie. They were tasty cake style donuts. One donut was $2.50 and the other was $3.00, so it seemed a bit expensive although they are organic. It's definitely worth checking out.

Pros: large variety, tasty cake style donuts
Cons: a little expensive
teafour2
teafour2

very tasty and so much choice

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2010

We stayed a few nights in San Francisco and went to Pepples every morning for coffee and donuts. As the summary says all their donuts are vegan, and they have a huge variety - plain, dusted, iced and filled (from regular cinnamon or chocolate to more exotic flavours like green tea or orange and lemon). You can't leave with just one. They're all very tasty. Follow the directions to find the stall inside, and take note they don't open until 10am. I recommend getting your donuts and then getting a take away coffee from 'Peet's, sitting outside and watching the world go by.'

Pros: big choice, everything is vegan, friendly staff
Cons: can get pricey if you get carried away

Dear Owner and Manager of Pepples Organic Donuts: