All vegan bakery making donuts from organic ingredients. Also serves coffee and lunch food plus vegan brunch on weekends which features an assortment of pancakes. Previously named People's Donuts. more-less
Vegan, Bakery, American, Take-out

First Review by xsamx
ScienceGuy
ScienceGuy

Best Donuts Ever

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

These are the best donuts there are. The have the larger fluffy kind and the smaller artisan style. All are delicious!

Pros: amazing donuts
earthville
earthville

Yin+yang: Punk rock brunch, gourmet artisan donuts

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

Our first visit to Pepples was a study in complementary contrasts. The music was hardcore and the servers were gentle, helpful, and warm. The brunch plates we ordered were uber-healthy and the donuts are sweet indulgences.

But all the pieces come together: the kale balances the sugar, everything was very tasty, and the whole experience was great.

We're super impressed with the creativity in the kitchen. There are some donuts worth traveling from afar to try. And the jackfruit "carnitas" were exceptionally good.

So, don't let the "donut farm" moniker fool you: There's plenty of salubrious savory cuisine at Pepple's, and it does not disappoint. But, yeah, the donuts are awesome.

We'll certainly return.

Pros: very creative, mix of donuts and healthy savory food, all vegan

mslacey
mslacey

Perfect Cozy Breakfast & Lunch Shop

5 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

Very friendly staff, DELICIOUS donuts (it has been ages, and theirs are incredibly creative) and a good sized lunch menu. It is a little hole in the wall that you would be doing yourself an injustice by not coming in!

Pros: Creative, Delicious, Friendly Staff
Cons: More Locations
veganonfoot
veganonfoot

Delicious delicious. Oh, and delicious.

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

I've had their vegan donuts at the Ferry Building (guess what they were? Yeah, delicious). And I've been to vegan brunch on Sundays, chik'n and waffles? Yeah, delicious.

Donuts good. Food good. Service fun! Felt like a fun little diner for a good old greasy spoon but with a vegan twist!

Will be going back. Will be eating more donuts!

Delicioussssss!

nzlndr00
nzlndr00

Two out of three ain't bad!

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

I was told to check this place out on my last trip to San Francisco/Oakland area and so I heeded and was really excited.

I got 3 donuts, for the price of $10, which is a bit more than what I pay for my VooDoo Donuts in Portland, or even my tasty rings at Mighty O's in Seattle, but they are vegan and organic and I figured everything is more expensive in California, so they were actually probably quite reasonable. I ordered the salted caramel, lemon poppy, and the mango. The first two were fantastic- cakey and great, clear flavor (even a couple days later). The mango I wouldn't get again because it just didn't taste mango-y, but the texture was still spot on.

I was told by an employee that their weekend brunch is also pretty damn tasty, but I couldn't fit that into this trip.

Pepples in Oakland is the place to go to get your vegan, organic donuts! Yum!

Pros: tasty donuts, vegan, organic
Cons: cost, some donuts aren't as flavorful
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

vegan donuts!!!

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a Thursday before 1pm and there was no one else there. We had two friends join us too. We all ordered sandwiches and shared an order of sweet potato fries. Two of us have the BBQ tempeh sandwich which was good, but the tempeh reuben was better. Another had the tofu burger and inhaled it, so it must have been good too. The guys got shakes as well. They had blueberry banana and plain banana. The main reason we came was for the donuts. We got the Meyer lemon, Philz coffee and chocolate. Our non-vegan friends liked them and couldn't believe they were vegan. We thought they were good, but we prefer yeasted donuts to cake ones. Overall, we had a good experience, but I think I would return on a weekend in the future as they serve brunch and have more donuts and fritters available then.

Pros: vegan donuts, friendly staff
Cons: more options availble on weekend only
RAMONATHEBUS
RAMONATHEBUS

magic vegan donuts, tasty brunch

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2013

i have to agree with the other reviewer, i lived in portland for eight years and yes pepples is better than voodoo donuts and even mighty o donuts in seattle. they are always trying new things and different flavors and the place is organic, so no gmo bullshit.
the brunch is also very tasty, i have taken a bunch of my meat-eating friends there and they have all enjoyed the brunch, even though the intial thought of eating vegan freaked them out.
how can you go wrong, nice staff, good coffee, organic, super tasty food aaaandd kickass vegan donuts .. all right here in oaktown...

Pros: great vegan donuts, tasty organic food, super nice staff
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Pepples Donut Farm

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I liked the chocolate donuts the best. The salted carmel donuts were good too, but chocolate was my favorite by far. Another thing to note is that these are cake donuts, which are good (but it wouldn't hurt if the world was filled with Dunkin' Donut like vegan donuts in this world too).

sdpate
sdpate

Better than Voodoo!

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

Having been vegan for 25 years, I've always liked the idea of having one of those big, fluffy, sugary donuts!

I found one last year - Voodoo in Portland and now in Eugene. I have to say that I can't understand why people wait in line for 30+ minutes at Voodoo in Portland. After all it's still just a donut?!

And then yesterday, I came across Pepples. And it was great! I got my big, fluffy, sugary donut and it was amazing! We arrived late in the day so I'm not sure that we saw everything that they had to offer but I was really impressed. It was even better than Voodoo. I don't know how they make them but they've certainly got it down - exactly the same as I remember this big donuts tasting! Well done! And no line!

veganjess86
veganjess86

Peeples Rocks!

5 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2012

Go here and eat your donut heart out, make sure to try the salted caramel. They have awesome brunch too. A grungy atmosphere with mismatched mugs. But it's full of cool people and great coffee, check them out!

proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

...

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

the staff at pepples can be a bit slow, but they're usually friendly. the donuts are tasty, and are well worth a visit.

Pros: donuts, atmosphere, location
VgnPwr
VgnPwr

Real deal holyfield!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

This place rocks. The donuts. The scrambles. The peeps are so nice. I love "hole in the wall" breakfast spots! Man wish we had a place like this in San Francisco. Its not all greasy either. I don't eat sugar anymore or I'd be lining up for a raised glazed donut now! We ate 6 in like 10 minutes are first time there! Wowzers.

Pros: vegan raised donuts!, Yummy breakfast, Nice owner!!
xsamx
xsamx

Vegan donuts!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

This is not your average restaurant, even though they do serve a good brunch on the weekends. The donuts are delicious and the coffee was good too. Punk-run, so be prepared for that and bring cash, even though they were taking credit cards via Square (iPhone app). Overall though, great experience; food was delicious and donuts were incredible. It's now referred to as "Donut Farm" instead of Pepple's Donuts.

Pros: vegan donuts, organic, vegan brunch
Cons: slow service, drab seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Pepples Donut Farm: