Pepe Nero Italian Fast Food

Serves meat, veg options available. Family-run take away restaurant near Cabot Circus shopping area. Offers different kinds of vegan pizzas (ask for the vegan menu) plus sandwiches and desserts. Upstairs seating with a full-length window and a view of the street. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm

First Review by sXe_22
isabelroo
isabelroo

Attention all Italian food-loving vegans!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2015

Pepe Nero is a great find - I passed it so many times before I realised that they do vegan food. Was a dream come true when my boyfriend and I needed a thoroughly decent bit of grub after a long busy day in Bristol, and we tried this place on a whim.
The vegan options are clearly marked out and separated making it easy to find what you want. A great selection of vegan pizzas are on offer as well as pasta dishes such as vegan cannelloni and lasagne (which is yummy, big time). Plus the staff are really friendly.
However I have known them to be a bit inconsistent with portion sizes (especially with the pasta dishes - my boyfriend had a bad experience on one occasion when he ordered a lasagne and what he got was puny compared to mine, so to try and avoid being disappointed again I made a mental note to ask the waiter to clarify the portion size when ordering next time).
That being said, if you're in the area then it is definitely worth a visit because it's an opportunity to have something that wouldn't normally be available to vegans - how many restaurants do we know of that serve vegan cheese? Not many (meaning none) where I come from!

Pros: Big choice, Friendly staff, Tasty tasty food
Cons: Somewhat inconsistent, Glasses sometimes a bit grubby
paperbagblog
paperbagblog

Some of the best pizza I've ever had

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2015

We were staying in Bristol for a few days, and am so glad we found Pepe Nero! Some of the best pizza I've ever had. We were staying across the road at Future Inns so enjoyed our pizza in bed, but would love to eat in if we're back in Bristol. Make sure you visit this place!

Pros: Amazing pizza, Huge amount of vegan options, Authentic bases
Cons:
msangeliic
msangeliic

Absolutely delicious!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

I have been going to this restaurant for a few months now and the vegan menu is excellent, clearly labelled and separated. There are nice vegan options for Pizzas and the soups appear vegan as well, I have tried tomato and basil soup which is very tasty and the garlic bread is out of this world! made fresh. The pizzas are a decent size and delicious. The vegan chocolate cake is yummy when its available. The staff are friendly.

Pros: friendly staff, yummy food, take away option
Cons: stairs to climb to seating, freshly cooked so be prepared to wait

starcide
starcide

Great Pizza!

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

We had some really great vegan pizza here, many toppings to choose from, very clearly labelled and it was all really good. Their vegan cheese was pretty great too, highly recommended.

super8J
super8J

Stonking Pizza

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Totally awesome, totally vegan pizza made by real Italians with the proper Italian crust. Very yummy and very filling. A little pizza heaven in Bristol. What more can I say except EAT THERE.

Pros: Fantastic Pizza, Fantastic Pizza, Fantastic Pizza (again!)
JDH
JDH

Superb vegan pizza

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

I have eaten here a few times now and every time the pizza is superb, crispy base with just the right amount of toppings. I recommend the Diavola.

Pros: Good location , Chilled staff, Yummy
Cons: Does meat too
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan cheesy pizza!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

Peep Nero is amazing - the vegan menu offers several types of vegan pizza, all with vegan cheese and toppings (vegetables and lots of fake meat options), vegan pasta dishes, garlic bread... We have eaten here several times and always leave feeling very full of vegan cheese! Couldn't recommend it more.

Pros: Vegan cheese and toppings, Extensive vegan menu, Lovely staff
Aricakes
Aricakes

Love it

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

The best place to go for a veggie eating out with meat eaters, plenty of choice for everyone. Lots of vegan options, even a vegan menu if you need it. Huge pizza's, and delicious vegan cakes.

Pros: Choice, Cakes!
IronDread

sXe_22
sXe_22

amazing!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

7 different vegan pizzas to choose. genuine italian taste, but with a big difference: neither in Italy you can find delicious pizzas like these!
just go and eat!