Member-owned cooperative market. Has a vegan-friendly deli plus fresh organic produce, bulk staple, natural grocery, local wine and micro-brew. Moved from 436 S Burdick in fall 2012. more-less
507 Harrison St

Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

Another fantastic coop!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

I have been here a handful of times. I like it. Very friendly people, good selection, good prices. They are the only place in the city that sells Equal Exchange coffee, which is my preferred choice. They have a hot/cold (maybe just cold?) bar, but I've never eaten at it. They have a wide selection of stuff.

Pros: friendly, wide selection, decent prices
Cons: location
anniebh
anniebh

Peoples

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2012

Has some great food, even some hand made sandwiches and dips. It is small store but there is enough here to satisfy.

cynicalveg
cynicalveg

Love it

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2008

It's very small and cozy, and the staff are all very nice. They have a pretty good selection of veg*n grocery items, including bathroom items. They also sell a small number of meat and dairy products for omnis. The best part is their daily-made fresh food products though, from eggless salad and hummus to almond and peanut butter bars. Delicious!

Pros: Very friendly, Good selection, Great fresh food
Cons: Int'l produce, Can be pricey

nlong01
nlong01

Small Co-op Downtown

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2007

I visited once this summer. Very small store front. Like four walls and a center row of products. I get it....low overhead. I'm not sure how the co-op really works, more information would have been helpful. The people were very nice here. If I find out more I might join.

Pros: Nice people, Major Potential
Cons: Uncertain about how co-op works, small store front

Dear Owner and Manager of Peoples Food Co-op: