Serves meat, veg options available. Order food at the counter. Has brown rice pasta, lactose/dairy-free cheese (ask if contains casein). Pasta dishes with fresh made sauces. Linguini with pesto or pomodoro and baked penne, and several other dishes lacto-vegetarian suitable. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Beer/Wine, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
180 Dickenson St, 113 (/on Maui)
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
808-661-6633

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by VeggieVee
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Penne Pasta

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

This place reminded me of Noodles and Company...but the food here tastes so much better. The chef was nice enough to come out and talk to me and walked me through each item that could be made vegan, and they even have Daiya cheese. He recommended the Penne Puttanesca (you must specify vegan) and he veganized it for me (so less the cheese and anchovies). I must say, I was impressed. The food was really good and flavored well. I may even go back to Penne Pasta for dinner again tonight. I recommend this place if you're craving pasta.

VeggieVee
VeggieVee

Fabulous hidden Gem!

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2012

Love this place! Reasonably priced, friendly, timely service.
Favorites; salads with fresh edamame beans, focaccia bread, baked squash, baked beets, baked penne.
Everything is so fresh! Excellent for vegetarians, would have to ask for vegan modification for some dishes.
When on vacation we eat here about 4 Xs /week!
Can't wait to go back, and try what's new.

Pros: Good portion size, Excellent food, Good value
Cons: Could have a bit more outdoor seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Penne Pasta Cafe: