Pembroke Bakery and Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Eclectic bakery and deli. All the baked goods are vegan and many are also gluten free: breads, bagels, rolls, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, puddings and brownies. No butter, milk, eggs or any other animal product in any baked goods. Offers daily soups (at least one is vegan), rice and beans, sandwiches, hummus, vegan Daiya cheese. In-house-made vegan sausage and baked tofu. Uses organic and local ingredients whenever possible. Location is in a busy downtown business and arts district. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Take-out, American, Bakery, Non-veg
300 E Main St (Lafayette)
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
260-247-7220

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jrebecca
Chelsarrr
Chelsarrr

Good Food, Excellent Bakery

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I loved this cafe. It was very vegan friendly, the staff were kind and knowledgeable, and I sampled several items with perfect flavor combinations. Lots of gluten-free stuff too, that didn't taste like cardboard and was actually really, really tasty!

Pros: Vegan, Dessert, Inexpensive
Cons: Ate too much, Depressed it's far away, Now I'm hungry
jrebecca
jrebecca

Wonderful food, wonderful owners

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

I am so excited to be the first to review the Pembroke Bakery and Cafe! I happened across it while visiting the art gallery across the lobby and fell in LOVE! An awesome place to eat creative, vegan food and be able to take a non-vegan friend for a delicious lunch! If I could give it 5 cows I would!
Updated from previous review on Monday March 05, 2012

Pros: creative food, friendly staff, fun atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Pembroke Bakery and Cafe: