Vegetarian restaurant offering a variety of dishes from brown rice and curry to lasagna and salad. Uses mostly gluten free ingredients. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am

First Review by kimveggiequeen
SusieSuspicious
SusieSuspicious

Super tasty vegan dishes!

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

Just had dinner here - starters, main course and desert - and loved it. Very delicious! The shop owner and staff is also very friendly. Can absolutely recommend!

VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

Very Good Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

Half of menu is vegan, the waiter clearly listed up the vegan options out of the vegetarian menu.
Taste was good to very good, but not too overwhelming like the person before posted :-)
Definitely we could recommend this place as a vegan - especially because they take traditional Portuguese kitchen into veggie alternatives, like 'Francesinha' or 'salame chocolate'.
Overwhelming is indeed the bill, super affordable for the amount and quality of the food

Pros: Price, Taste, Tradition
kimveggiequeen
kimveggiequeen

Best Vegan Restaurant we've been to :)

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant last week on vacation while shopping on the pedestrian only shopping area in Cascais, right by the beach, downtown Cascais.

THE FOOD: absolutely unbelievable. When reading their happy cow ad i just read now, some people might think its raw vegan which when I think of that, I have been to one of those restaurants, and I think of cold food. Pretty much everything we had for our supper/lunch was cooked and hot. Very fresh, and everything tasted homemade. My mouth waters thinking about the vegan quiche. The special of the day the second time we went was spaghetti with vegan meatballs, best spaghetti ever. They served chick pea pate just as a snack with bread to start, holy cow was it amazing. Soup of the day, pea....delicious. They also had a seitan roast in the oven, it was vegan and was like a creamy beef stew with vegetables, my husband loved it. We tried 2 of the vegan desserts, chocolate salami (in non-vegan form we hear its a traditional Portugese dessert), so fantastic. And honestly the second dessert was like a dream, it was avacado mousse, wow, thats all I can say is wow, doesn't even matter if you don't like avacado, you will love this dessert.

THE SERVICE: Sorry we can't remember the name of the lady owner, she was a sweetheart and takes the time to talk to her guests. Our server Frederico (hope correct spelling!) was so kind and very knowledgeable about all the dishes, spoke great English, was fast and we really enjoyed him as a server!! :)

THE BILL, we were shocked and would have paid twice as much, the portions were very big and the bill was what we thought very moderately small.

RECOMMENDATION: 5 stars or happy cows out of 5. I have been living a vegan lifestyle for 5 years and eaten at at least 100 or more veggie restaurants, and this by far has been the best tasting food, I am also a really great vegan cook and myself and my husband said this lives up to my home cooked meals. Wish my 3 vegan daughters could have been here to try it. We are Canadians and will come back here to look for this restaurant.

THE ONLY CRITIQUE: This restaurant has only been open a short time, but really hope it can stay in business because MORE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW. So if you go here on my recommendation, PLEASE TELL OTHERS if you love it. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, we think you will adore the ambiance, the food, and the service.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 24, 2014

Pros: large delicious portions, low prices, perfect service
Cons: MORE PEOPLE NEED TO GO HERE

Dear Owner and Manager of Pedacos de Glamour: