Since May 2014, Peas & Love is a casual vegan diner that offers cakes, salads, sandwiches, and some main dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Juice bar, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery

Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

...

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

I'd like to fall into line with my predecessors reviewers:
Cozy place, nice atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, valuable food on the pro-side and plastic plates + cutlery on the contra-side.
I haven't tried the widely recommended burger though (it was imminent closing time and therefore sold out, I guess), but next time for sure.
And, yes, there is not very much choice in the late evening and what is left is more lukewarm than hot. Normally I would say: that's how it is and wouldn't complain about that, but it wasn't imminent closing time but 5 pm. On the other hand, maybe they don't have much costumers in the evening, I don't know. My point of view is that if they would have enough potential costumers, there would be more fresher dishes to choose; but if that is not the case, on the other hand, this management should be supported anyway, because it is only reasonable and responsible and therefore worthy of support, even if the food is slightly worse. Better than to support those companies that have to have fresh food just until closing only to throw it away after that.
In addition there is to say that Peas and Love has a book-swap-bookshelf and space for flyers.
What I slightly disliked was this a bit kinda sick-looking green the bar is colored in. But that's a matter of taste.
But why exactly they are not allowed to use metal/ceramic tableware?
Updated from previous review on Friday October 17, 2014

Pros: value (food), cozy (place), helpful (staff)
Cons: plastic, color
MaurycyBrowar
MaurycyBrowar

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

The served food is very delicious. The staff is friendly and helps you to decide.
The alcohol free ginger beer was amazing.
Unfortunately the food is served with plastic cutlery and on plastic plates which means that you produce unnecessary waist.

Pros: delicious burgers, good location, friendly staff
Cons: plastic cutlery and plates, at 6 pm most of the dishes were sold out, less seats
littlepandi
littlepandi

Improvement is needed.

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

Location: great
Staff: friendly, helpful

Meals, drinks:
- Potato casserole: bland, small portion
- Ratatouille: good, small portion
- Lemonade: watery, nothing special

The food was served in plastic plates with plastic cutlery. First disappointment! It's not only not classy but it's far more expensive than using regular silverware and plates. And I haven't mentioned how 'environment friendly' this service is.

The portions are small which is understandable if I think of health issues but when it comes to price/value, this place is just overpriced!

I like the friendliness and mind-shaping attitude of staff, but this does not cover the fact that Peas and Love needs improvement in meal issues.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good location
Cons: Bland food, Expensive!, Plastic plates, cutlery

Dear littlepandi,

Thank you for your review, we will take it in consideration.The "small portion" are actually exactly how much your body needs and not much more than necessary,avoiding the health issues.Unfortunately by law we are not allow to use regular silverware and plates therefore we are using recycled paper plates and unfortunately I have not found yet same for cutlery so we must use plastic ones.I am sorry that for you was overpriced.
    I would be happy to hear which improvements in meal issues we need to do.

caesarpost
caesarpost

Delicious

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

Just discovered this gem in Budapest. I ate there 3 times already in 5 days. Food is outstanding, the beet burger is out of this world. Place is charming, very clean bathrooms, WiFi and the staff was super nice and English speaking(I don't speak Hungarian)
Anytime in Budapest, I will come back

Pros: Food teste, Clean, WiFi
  • RebecaA.Popa RebecaA.Popa

Thank you for your review.
    We are happy to hear that you really love our food,staff,bistro. Anytime you come back in Budapest please feel free to pop in.Looking forward to see you again here:)

Tomasos
Tomasos

Nice place with good food

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

The owner was very nice and spoke English well.
There were many different choices of food, I took the polenta and pasta. Both very good. This is not fine dining but more very good comfort food.
The price for polenta, pasta and a muffin was 3000 which for me was very good value.
A cozy place with wifi.
I can recommend it and I will go there again!

Pros: Good food, Good value, Friendly owner
  • RebecaA.Popa RebecaA.Popa

Thank you for your review.
    You are always welcome to visit us and to try on our new dishes.
    All the best.

StephanieWilliams
StephanieWilliams

Great little place in Budapest!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

My boyfriend and I are traveling vegans and were thrilled to discover this little gem on our second day in Budapest. It's very easy to find - very close to the Blaha metro station, which is a pretty big hub with lots of transit options.

They have a daily special, as well as salad bar, sandwiches, and drinks. We had the daily special, a traditional Hungarian stew called "lecso" with a type of pasta called "tarhonya". It was hands-down one of the best meals we've ever had traveling, definitely the best in Budapest. Just good, simple, filling vegan cuisine.

The staff and owners speak English and can explain what all the dishes have in them. Everything is completely vegan, which makes things easier for traveling vegans like us.

Pros: Super easy transit access, Great food, English spoken

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for the review and for being our customer.
    You are always more than welcome here.
    All the best.

Placek
Placek

Another island of simple, delightful vegan food

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2014

For travelers hanging about in the city centre this place will be very handy as it is very close to the famous party district (VII).

Small place with maximum 15 seats or so, however the atmosphere is very cozy. Staff speaks English in fact the owners are not Hungarians (they are all ethical vegans).

Occasionally there are "all you can eat" events for ~9 euros - I was at a chili-spicy food one - which have limited entries based on facebook feedback. There were 4 different dishes - Gazpacho, chili sin carne, a rice dish, layered-potatos (typical Hungarian dish), cake -.

There is a daily menu - soup, second dish, drink - for ~5 euros. Portions are okay, though I would add just a tiny bit more. :)

If You feel like eating only a sandwich, they have it as well.

The meals You can have here are simple food made with vegan love, and that makes the place perfect. Simplicity über alles.

Almost forgot the snooty vegans part. Relief for your kind as there was an "all you can eat" event dedicated to healthy vegan dishes, however on a daily basis this is more of a easy-minded, cool place than a posh one.

The place has opened up recently, they are in need of the community's feedback, however there is not much I can add apart from Keep Up the Good Work!

Pros: Value price, Good Location, Simple dishes
Cons: just tiny bit more on portions please
  • RebecaA.Popa RebecaA.Popa

Thank you for your review and for your support.

Please feel free to come back anytime and try on our new dishes.

Namaste!

brummkeks
brummkeks

Food loses to atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

I was really happy to find a new all-vegan addition to Budapest's restaurant scene. Despite its rather functional furnishing the place has a good vibe - not least due to the friendly, competent and relaxed staff.

There were a variety of cooked dishes to choose from (buffet style) as well as a salad buffet, ready-made sandwhiches and cake(s). I had a mix of several things and except for the really very delicious Greek salad the food was okay but not very exciting, neither carefully spiced nor particularly creative in ingredients or preparation.

Hence, my résumé: Good place to grab a decent (and fast) healthy meal but do not expect culinary surprises, treats or delicacies.

Pros: nice place, great location, very friendly & relaxed staff, variety to choose from
Cons: food nothing special, tastes rather boring

Dear Owner and Manager of Peas and Love: