Serves meat, veg options available. A Sri Lankan restaurant that uses local organic ingredients and ingredients imported from Sri Lanka. The menu features many vegetarian and vegan dishes with several unique vegetable offerings, and it denotes what is not vegan. Peaceful atmosphere with Buddhist cultural aspects. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Sri Lankan, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
736 Water St (Branciforte Ave)
Santa Cruz, California 95060
831-457-2350

Open Mon-Sun 11am-2:30pm, 5-9pm, Fri-Sat til 9:30pm.

First Review by Ali-Con
H
H

Lots of Love

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

The menu is 90% vegan, but they serve chicken and fish to cater to everyone. The owner is super sweet, and the food is very tasty. The dal is fantastic. :)

Pros: tasty, very friendly, reasonable prices
Cons: has some meat
robertajoiner
robertajoiner

Nice place

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2011

We have been here a few times. They have interesting ingredients and a lot of vegan options; limited meat items which is fine with us. Very friendly servers, and helpful in explaining the dishes. It is close to us so convenient. More oil than we would like that's pretty normal for a restaurant.

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy options, Close tonus
Cons: More oil than we like
desiree
desiree

Yummy!

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2011

Went here tonight, expecting to find the previous restaurant "Sri". But I was not disappointed. Most of the menu is vegan, including all of the sauces, so the selection is great. The staff was helpful and nice, and quite willing to double check the vegan-ity of items. The food my friend and I had was delicious. We got dinner entrees with 3 options each so we could try a lot of things. Will definitely return!

Pros: lots of vegan options, nice staff
Cons: a bit pricey

Ali-Con
Ali-Con

My favorite restaurant in Santa Cruz

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

I love this place! Everything here tastes delicious and the owner is super nice. The menu is essentially vegan with some meat options thrown in and I think a couple of the beverages have milk in them. The food is full of flavor and tastes very healthy. When I first started going here I had some trouble with customer service, which I suspect was due to low staffing since I haven't had this problem any time recently.

Whenever I get to pick, I pick this place. I recommend it to everyone! I give it 5/5, but for some reason the website wont let me because the restaurant is not pure vegan?

Pros: Delicious!, Healthy, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Pearl of the Ocean: