Raw food cafe providing all raw, vegan, gluten-free meals and dessert pies using fair trade and local ingredients. Has another location in Encinitas. Also attends farmers' markets in the San Diego area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Juice bar, Take-out
4230 Voltaire St (Ocean Beach)
San Diego, California 92107

rawyogaboy
  • raw

Best raw food spot

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

I love this place. I've visited multiple times, both locations. I highly recommend them.

Being vegan is limiting considering the popularity of cooked meals. Places like this are a vegans treat.

If you are hungry and in San Diego give this place a try.

Pros: Variety , Raw vegan organic, Convinence
Cons: Price points deter new customers, They need a drive through location
radtechg9
radtechg9

Top Quality Raw Food, Friendly Staff

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

Went way out of my way to check out this raw restaurant near Ocean Beach....well worth it! Cute cafe with an amazing dessert case, fast service and raw food my omni boyfriend even liked! He ate 1/4 raw pizza (which was fantastic) and then heeled me eat a raw cinnamon roll and the key lime cheezecake with mango swirl which seriously put to shame most all other cheesecake I've ever had... Even before I went vegan. Aside from the food I felt great about supporting this place. The owners obviously love what they do and are passing on their great knowledge to the next generation. Friendly staff, solid recipes and lots of to go options in their fridge. Once again I leave a raw place stuffed after ordering too much food because I can't contain my excitement!

Pros: Yummy, Knowledgeable, Reasonable
KurtDavidHermansen
KurtDavidHermansen

Yummy and I'm not a raw person

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Delicious enlightened food choices are offered. Yum. I don't think we always have to eat raw because it limits choices and flavors, but Peace Pies is so good that I might change my mind.

Tgaptte
Tgaptte
  • fruititarian

raw food San Diego

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2013

Peace pies! Great raw food in San Diego!

Pros: great food, organic nectars chocolate, raw, vegan, green!
Cons: none!
heathera75
heathera75

Great little place, nice staff :)

5 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

Yumm! This place has a delicious menu and alot more than pies! I had a mock tuna collard wrap that was delicious!! They have stuff "to-go" in case there as well. Also, high quality kombuchas and chocolates! Talked to the gal there for a while- who alos mentioned their larger location in Encinitas. Warm ambiance in place and welcoming vibe. I hope they get enough people in there to keep the place going!

Pros: Yummmy food, Friendly and knowledgeable workers, good value
randyls51
randyls51

No parking

2 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

I was unable to dine at Peace Pies - San Diego.
Parking is very limited for everyone and I need disabled.

Pros: Ocean Beach-Point Loma
Cons: parking
Claire89
Claire89

Fantastic raw food restaurant!

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

Everything on the menu is delicious. They inspired us to start making raw food at home using their recipe book. It's amazing what they can do with raw food.

Pros: delicious food
maulydaft
maulydaft

Great place

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

I went there twice. It was my first stop after leaving the airport. A raw tuna wrap and a container of Millie's Vegan Gelato (chocolate salted caramel) were my first purchases. Both were grand, the gelato blew me away. Didn't taste raw at all. Really wish it was available in Toronto!
My second trip scored me a green smoothy and a container of chia pudding. I can't eat banana so they made me a smoothy without one, although I was a little surprised to hear they usually make big batches in the morning. That's a LITTLE weird, but I guess since it's not juice it probably holds the nutrients.
Anyway, there was a good little menu and a fridge with some take out food.
Oh I also bought a raw white chocolate bar which I'd been wanting to try for months (it was amazing)
I'll go back when I'm in town again!

Pros: tasty food, raw, Millie's Vegan Gelato
CaioLynn
CaioLynn

A surprising find

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

As a long time vegan, I was skeptical when I saw the menu. How can RAW vegan tuna salad taste good? Would it hurt my stomach in a few hours? Would I still be hungry in an hour? Here is the scoop...

EVERYTHING we tried was delicious - from the raw tuna salad to the chocolate coconut cake. This place is very small, so plan to take the food to go or cram into the small eating area.

Pros: filling food, great flavors
Cons: limited selections, small dining area, limited parking
KevinMarks
KevinMarks

PEACE PIES is glorious!

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2011

if you're into RAW food and you're in San Diego, I suggest not missing PEACE PIES. Visiting the cafe in OB is always a delight and they recently expanding their hours to Tues-Sat 10-8pm. Otherwise you can see them at OB farmer's MKT on wed afternoons, Hillcrest farmer's MKT on SUNDAYS 9-2, Little Italy farmer's MKT on Saturdays 9-1, or at the SDSU farmer's MKT 10-2.

I love the hemp cookies and always get a combination of the salads. The veggie pizza and sandwiches are WONDERFUL!

I'm a big booster of the place... hit me up if you have any questions.

Pros: RAW, glutenfree, vegan, minimal packagin, super chill owner that skateboards, a wonderful atmosphere in which to dine
Cons: closed MONs, sometimes they run out of cookies, get there early.
FUZZYGUY828
FUZZYGUY828

Give them the BUSINESS

4 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

This is mainly a take out place so, you can not really sit in.
The food is decent and worth a look.
I could not get back for lunch so, my experience is limited.
The service was friendly. The food was fresh.
The menu and the hours seemed limited.
I would suggest that they work on a take out business. This restaurant is not in a good location for parking so, you have to be in and out.
I do think they have promise but, TAKE OUT should be the focus.

Pros: Freshness, Friendly service , incomplete
Cons: Parking, Menu limited, More hours - takeout

Dear Owner and Manager of Peace Pies - San Diego: