CLOSED: Peace Pies

Cafe offering Aussie pies with range such as hearty gravy, cauli creme, mushroom mornay and lentil rolls. All flavors might not be available at one time. Also has raw food snacks and cakes, smoothies, coffee and tea. Sells a small selection of vegan grocery including frozen mock meats, ice cream, and take away meals. Confirmed closed, July 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Australian, Western, Take-out

First Review by ClarkeVincent
Glenn2go
Glenn2go

Impressive!

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

Took my mum here the other week and was very impressed. Staff were lovely, atmosphere was cute and relaxed and the food was delicious.

Mum is a coeliac and the staff explained their kitchen etiquette very well - they avoid contamination with a complete kitchen clean down. The girl was extremely nice, interested and thorough in her explanations.

The pies was very yummy! They have gluten free options for pies, lasagna, burgers and amazing raw desserts.

The only small problem is that the pie wasn't quite hot enough but other than that, a perfect outing. Can't wait to return!

Pros: Delicious Food, Exceptional Service, Warm atmosphere
Cons: Pie needed to be warmed a bit more
Food Lover11
Food Lover11

A FANTASTIC DAY OUT

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

WOW! I have tried these pies and I must say...they are the best pies I have ever had!! Cauli Crème is my favourite....seconded by the mushroom mornay! These guys know what they are doing when it comes to a pie, and cakes....and actually the watermelon& coconut smoothie is a must as well! Worth the drive if you live far away from Redcliffe, there are great shops around, especially if you like ladies clothing, antiques, retro, swimwear...Redcliffe is a great day out on the beach of Brisbane!

Pros: Best pies in Brisbane, Really Tasty, Nice ambience
phraser
phraser

Don't rely on website for opening hours

3 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2013

The pies here are good, and the cakes are to die for (especially the beesting). The curly fries and lasagne are also good.

They charge a 50c fee for eftpos (even if it's over $15 worth of stuff), which is not advised on the menu or by a sign anywhere on the counter that I could see. I wish they would make this clear by signage. If you don't want to pay a fee, make sure you take cash.

However, the opening hours are quite variable, and the website is not reliable. Don't spend an hour and a half driving up there from Brisbane without phoning first to check they will be open when you get there, else you might be disappointed.

I have been about 6 times in the last year, tried all the pies and some of the other meals. While I'd return in the (unlikely) event I was in Redcliff for some other reason, it's not really worth driving all the way up there just for the food, especially since it may not be open when you get there (even if you have checked the website in advance).

Pros: Good pies, Excellent cakes
Cons: Opening hours variable, Website not up to date, Eftpos surcharge :(

katieleej
katieleej

More than pies!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Better flavour than meat-based pies, better flavour pizzas than pizza chains, amazingly friendly service, great atmosphere and a gorgeous park with fountain for my kids to explore afterwards. We won't just be back - we'll be regulars :)

Pros: flavoursome , friendly service , good prices
Cons: none
vegan louise
vegan louise

They are more than just pies

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I wish I lived closer to Peace Pies.
Peace Pies is a great place to have lunch and then go for a walk around the corner along the beautiful Redcliffe esplanade. I love their pies, but they more than just pies. They have a to-die-for lasagne, a fabulous crumbed mushroom portobello burger, a seafood basket, curly fries, the most wonderful desserts and they have specials including raw meals. Yummy smoothies as well. Their vegan grocery selection is growing all the time.
I love the ambience at Peace Pies and the staff are lovely. If you go on the weekend and order a meal you may have to wait a wee bit, but that gives you time to relax and inspect the menu further to figure out what you will eat next time.
Peace Pies also run 'suspended pies' where you can pay for a pie and it is given to local homeless person.
They are now open on Friday nights as well.

Pros: Food amazing, Excellent value, Lovely staff
Cons: PP is not closer to where I live
NezHS
NezHS

I LOVE Peace Pies!

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2013

I can't say enough about Peace Pies. My husband and I love this place and we love the pies! It is great to have a selection of yummy fast food and healthy salads, smoothies and raw food in the one place. The chips are yummy, the desserts are divine and they have lovely salads. They have a small supermarket with some great dairy free items and pantry foods.
The decor is simple and relaxing.
Tracey who owns the place and does all the cooking is as heavenly as her food.
It is a great place to stop in and then go for a stroll along the Redcliffe Esplanade.
Once a month open mic days a held for budding musician and singers.

Pros: Pies are excellent, Great mix of healthy and fast food, Love the vegan groceries for sale
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Peace and Harmony

4 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

This place is great, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good-sized servings.

I had the lasagne, salad and fries (see pic) which was delicious.

It's a great idea to make vegan versions of traditional Aussie pies, and I look forward to trying one next time.

I don't recommend the dandelion tea (roasted would be much better than teabags,but hey it's only a small quibble), and there's a 50c surcharge on eftpos purchases.

Overall this is a great place to visit on a day trip from Brisbane. Take a train to Sandgate station (on the Shorncliffe line) and change to a bus to Redcliffe. Redcliffe has some interesting retro furniture and bric-a-brac shops in the same street as Peace Pies, and of course the pier is nearby with wonderful views over Moreton Bay and islands.

Pros: friendly staff, good portions, dedicated to vegan values
ClarkeVincent
ClarkeVincent

Pie Heaven

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Very tasty, warm, hearty pies. Curly fries were delicious too. I had the pie with curly fries and salad. A large plate of food that was really tasty.
I also had a praline and vanilla smoothie that was delicious.
I also got the chocolate cheesecake, but only got to eat about a third of it as my wife and daughter fought me for it, despite having ice creams of their own. verdict: delicious.
Tracey the owner and all other staff were also really friendly, which made it such a nice place to hang out.

Pros: Very tasty pies, Lovely friendly staff, decent sized portions
Cons: no views, might queue for a few minutes

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Peace Pies: