Raw food cafe behind Mozy's. Provides all raw, vegan, gluten-free meals and dessert pies using fair trade and local ingredients. Their first location is in San Diego. Also attends farmers' markets in the San Diego area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Juice bar, Take-out
133 Daphne St (Pacific Coast Hwy 101)
Encinitas, California 92024
760-479-0996

Open Mon-Sun 11am-8pm.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
AmeliaC
AmeliaC

More than what it seems

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

After an ultra indulgent vegan dinner, my husband and I headed down the road to score some vegan desserts. This small natural cafe sits tucked away on a side road off PCH 101, which means you have to keep a close eye out for it. We each had the raw coconut cream pie, and it was quite delish. The real secret topic is that this place is not what it seems- aside from rW organic vegan pastries, they also offer a savory menu and even have a small display case with vegan artisanal cheeses. A definite for a sweet treat, and I'm looking forward to our next visit for a light lunch option.

Cindy Sue
Cindy Sue

AMAZING!!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

I was recently in Carlsbad on vacation and made it a point to go to this restaurant 3 times while visiting! It was absolutely amazing! I brought new people with me each time I went and not one of us had a bad meal!

I personally tried the nachos, the burger, and the raw tacos. Also bought several desserts and brought them to the vacation house to enjoy during the week. This place was out of this world.

Very friendly staff with the exception of one person who had no personality or enthusiasm.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Cute patio for dining
Azbigmike
Azbigmike

peace pies in Encinitas

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

We drove down from Temecula, as we were in town for a bike race and boy was it worth the drive. Best raw nachos and falafel I've tasted. The wife had the mock tuna and it was great. The blueberry pie was amazing. We bought the cookbook and some cookies for the road and will definitely be back when were in the vicinity

Chia
Chia

Excellent Raw Food

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Peace Pies review.

This is their second location, the other one is somewhere in San Diego. I was here a long time ago when it was another raw food establishment (The Raw Greenery).

The space is very lovely, small interior with a nice patio courtyard right in front. All of it tucked behind Mozy's Cafe off the main road.

When I had read the name, I thought the menu would be just raw pies, but it wasn't like that at all. The concise menu features a small variety of raw food savories, and the refrigerator case stocks some of their smoothies, juices, almond milk, and raw dessert pies.

We got the day's special, mango wrap, and it was delicious. It had a dehydrated mango and veggies sheet as wrap with the inside filled with fresh sprouts, avocado, fresh mango chunks.

We had also got a bottle of their in-house almond milk. A bit sweet for my personal liking but still very yummy.

The house-made kale chips are good, too.

Peace Pies is a must-eat when in Encinitas.

Pros: quiet, good food, great beach nearby
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

tasty and healthy

4 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

On our way to San Diego for the weekend, we stopped at Peace Pies to get some lunch. So glad we did. They have a cute little place with an outdoor patio and small store too. We ordered the kale salad, a slice of the marinated veggie pizza and the Western cheeseburger special. They were all tasty. The burger patty was particularly delicious as was the strawberry almond milk drink we had. For dessert, we enjoyed the cinnamon roll and a slice of pie. We definitely plan to stop here again next time we drive by.

Pros: tasty raw dishes, nice atmosphere, organic and local

Dear Owner and Manager of Peace Pies - Encinitas: