Peace Harmony - Erskine St

Vegetarian Thai cuisine menu. Has veggieduck salad, papaya salad, currys, stir frys, and more. BYO. Sept 2013 reported a few items contain milk or milk powder. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Take-out

First Review by khity
Louisa_H
Louisa_H

great find

5 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

Tucked away in an unlikely area but a great find all the same. Def with a vist. It's all vegan!

moorspede
moorspede

Great for lunch

2 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

I used to work near this place, it's a great place to get a take away but when I've eaten there at night I've been really underwhelmed. I put it down to their incredibly crappy service. Question: How many times must you ask for tea when there is one other customer in the place? Answer: Three times.

The other major problem I have with the place is that they seem to just throw every mock meat they have into the bowl without any care whatsoever. I expect it's great for carnivores but to us it looked bad and there was no chance of either us even getting through half of it.

Pros: Lunch servings are smaller., It's cheap and tasty for lunch
Cons: Far too much mock meat, Service is abysmal
thecriclover99
thecriclover99

Make sure you get the satay chicken

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

The satay "chicken" is amazingly good.

The other highlight is the BBQ soy "chicken".

Pros: Satay, Price, good value

gvarun
gvarun

Best Vegan Thai

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

Spicy fried rice and panang curry are my favourites
And chicken satay for starters is awesome. Service is up and down but food makes up for it!

VegoTraveller
VegoTraveller

AMAZING VEGO FOOD!

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

I absolutely love this place! Great, inexpensive thai vegetarian with no onion or garlic. Friendly staff have often taken my reservation with pre order so on arrival we've had our starters and ready to go!! There is also easy street parking on weeknights around the corner on sussex street.

Pros: tasty, cheap, friendly staff
Cons: dont do delivery outside the CBD!!
Fingercuts
Fingercuts
  • herbivore

rare awesomeness

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2013

Sydney cbd. Vegan food. Open on Saturday night.
When do those three things ever intersect? The wait is over.

Excellent tasty food. Good value, generous but not oversized portions. Last order is about 9 or 9:30 on Saturday night.

Gluten-free options on the menu. They will cater for allergy requirements if you ask.

Don't be put off by the name - its not bland Chinese Buddhist food. It's Thai and there's no shortage of flavour. The duck salad proves it. I like the fresh salad vegies that come with a lot of the dishes, as I think it keeps the mouth clean and clear.

If you're inclined, there's wine and non-alcoholic beer available.

Lots of pubs and bars nearby too for afterwards.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 02, 2013

Pros: vegan and vego, Sensitive to allergy requirements, open Saturday night
moo
moo

Tasty, fresh food

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

Peace Harmony serves some very tasty dishes -- almost all with mock meats -- and some creative departures from Thai stock-standards. However, I can't recommend any of their appetisers, and generally find the food a bit too sweet. Also good for take-away. Definitely the best-value vegan offering in Sydney's CBD area, perhaps only rivaled by the Peace Harmony store a block away, on King St.

Pros: good value, quick service
Cons: lots of sugar, small venue
veganjess86
veganjess86

delish but watchout

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2012

Peace Harmony is very delish but watchout for their soy milk which I've heard is not vegan.

imo
imo

Soooo Gooooooood

5 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Thankyou universe for bringing me to this place! A mate took me here on a recent visit to sunny Sydney and I'm so glad he did. From the outside Peace Harmony looks quiet and unassuming (perhaps even a little dull and average) but I assure you the food is anything but. I'm not usually one for mock meats but eating here completely changed my mind. We had a Pad Thai that was probably the best I've ever had, a soup with mock prawns and tofu (also rivalling my all-time favourite soup experiences) and THE MOST INCREDIBLE MOCK FISH I HAVE EVER HAD, EVER! GENIUS! Yeah I sound like a nutbag now but it really was that good. The servings were extremely generous, and all together cost less than $30. Service was fine; friendly and fast enough. Only annoying thing is they don't serve alcohol.

Pros: AMAZING FOOD, inexpensive, all vegan!
Cons: no alcohol
marta red
marta red

excellent surprise!

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

my husband and I were looking for a vegan place for dinner and read about peace and harmony on happy cow.We were not sure if the comments were actually REAL,but now that I have experienced myself I cn just say this place has amazing and tastefully dishe.We ordered a selectinon of appetizers-and we were surprised because they were tasteful and light at the same time.As main curse we took BBQ Chicken and a mock fish plate.We loved the chicken BBQ so much that we took a second one!We wanted to try the desserts,too and they were healthy and good.
it was very affordable,good quality for money.The place is very simple but the people are very nice and the service is quick.

Pros: very good quality food, good value, fully vegan
Cons: the place is very basic
neha
neha

love it

3 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2011

OMG peace and harmony is SOOO good! i have been there so many times. Always fresh, always tasty! the only downside is sometimes if your in the side room with a group the staff tends to forget you exist .. but i guess the wait is worth it .

Pros: yum food
Cons: service can be really slow
Chewbecca
Chewbecca

I can't believe it's not meat?

5 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2010

I've never been one for fake meat and tofu type dishes, so when I saw that Peace Harmony was very fake meat oriented, I was a little disappointed... Until I actually tried the dishes. WOW! The satay soy skewers are to absolutely die for - even my non veg friends were impressed and thought they tasted exactly like meat. Also tried the 'duck' curry -- very good too. The one downside were the vegetarian buns, which didn't seem to be cooked through properly.

Pros: All vegan!
Guest
Guest

Awesome food for vegos and non-vegos alike

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2010

I had been to the other Peace Harmony restaurant around the corner a few times (it's only open for lunch) but this weekend was the first time I'd visited this one. I was seriously impressed. There were 4 of us, two vegos and two non-vegos and we all loved it, especially the massaman curry and the lemon grass stir-fry.

Peace Harmony has an extensive menu of Thai dishes based around 'fake meats', but you can also order them just with veggies or tofu. The veggies were fresh and delicious, everything was tasty and the servings were more than generous.

The restaurant is right near Wynyard Station so it's no hassle to get there. They don't serve alcohol but are byo. I would absolutely reccomend this place. Below is a link to their website.

Pros: delicious, good value, varied
Cons: busy
Ethical Vegan
Ethical Vegan

Peace Harmony (Erskine St) Sydney

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2010

Exceptional Service,my partner and I visit Peace Harmony whenever we can and always on our Birthdays and Anniversaries.
Adore the food Soy chicken Satay sticks,Mixed Vegetables,Thai Fried Rice,Green Curry,BBQ Soy Chicken the list goes on,I absolutely adore the Coconut Drink and often order seconds.
Also a lovely banana sticky dessert to die for.
I have been dozens of times,and the service and food are always exceptional.A gorgeous Vegan restaurant..

Pros: delicious food, Friendly service, huge portions
Totoro
Totoro

Possibly the best Thai ever - and it's vegan!

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2010

Oh. My. Goodness! This place is awesome! We had dinner at Peace Harmony during a recent trip to Sydney. The food is absolutely divine! We had a mixed entree (my fave: "fish" cakes and satay tofu - mmmmhhh!) and penang curry. Everything was really tasty, full of flavour and spice. We were so sad that we were too full to try any of the desserts! The atmosphere is nice too. I wish we had places like this in Brisbane!

Pros: YUM food, Wide range of dishes
Cons: It's not in Brisbane!
HannahP96
HannahP96

Excellent Thai Food, Even for Omnis

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2010

We ate at Peace Harmony twice on a recent vacation, and brought an omni family member with us both times. She loved it too. We tried the Mixed Entree (entree is what Australians call an appetizer), and got extra soy chicken satay skewers because they were such a big hit. We tried several of the stir fries and everything was fresh and delicious. It is such a relief to eat at an all-vegan Thai place and not to have to worry about animal ingredients like oyster sauce and shrimp paste hiding in the so-called vegetarian dishes.

Pros: Tasty food, Pleasant ambience
  • Lanky Lanky

"Entree" is what Americans call a main course.
    From wikipedia:
    An entrée (pronounced /ˈɑːntreɪ/ AHN-tray, French "entrance") is one of several savoury courses in a Western-style formal meal service, specifically a smaller course that precedes the main course.[1] Usage often differs in North America where the disappearance in the early 20th century of a large communal main course such as a roast as a standard part of the meal has led to the term being used by some restaurants and frozen-food manufacturers to describe the main course itself.

ckimana
ckimana

Great Food

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

I've only been to the Erskine St restaurant and it's fantastic! Great food and good value! Quick and friendly service. Love the decor too, very modern and clean. Have been here quite a few times now and am always impressed. I've taken my omni friends there many times and they love it! Definately worth the visit, you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Great Food, Good value, Nice restaurant layout
Cons: No alcohol
Linda Tallberg
Linda Tallberg

Best mock-meat ever!

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2010

I had lunch at Peace Harmony last week and it was the best vegan meal I've ever had in a restaurant! I had the lunch special for around 14$ which included a soft drink, two appetizers and a main course (I had the musaman curry). The entire meal was so tasty and just spicy enough. The place was packed at lunch-hour with a wide eclectic crowd, but everybody looked equally satisfied as me after their meal. Definitely worth trying out if you are anywhere close to the Sydney region!

Pros: Excellent food, Great service, Nice ambiance
Cons: Boring decor, A bit out of the way, The salads are pricy
philjdomm
philjdomm

Biz Central in Tiny Bangkok

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2009

well, out of all the places i've been in terms of mock food, this is by far met up to its service, etc.
go to the outside patio, very quiant!

she who thinks
she who thinks

excellent

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2009

i visited with my family in August 08, it was fabulous. Some of the best vegan food i've had. Even my children (especially very picky 8year old son) enjoyed the food something for all of us. Their mock meats were amazing recommend their 'chicken drumsticks' were excellent. So sorry i didn't find this placeit sooner.

Pros: wide choice, inexpensive, excellent food
nerida
nerida

Great escape!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2009

We hunted down this restaurant this miserable rainy Australia Day just passed and found an oasis from the city rush, it has a really nice ambiance, relaxing music, lots of interesting magazines to read (veg and non!) while waiting (not that long mind you!) a looong menu full of choices! There are not that many Veg Thai restaurants in Sydney and this is one I will be bringing friends to - maybe for my birthday as they seem to have an upstairs area as well!

We had a veg fish and a veg chicken dish and shared, as well as fritters for entree. The non alcoholic beer was enjoyed immensely by my husband! Staff were attentive without being intrusive and so polite!

Will be returning to try the rest of the menu, very well priced menu so we can actually try many things, highly recommended!

Pros: Great great food, Good value meals, Great variety
goldie
goldie

A good find in the CBD

5 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2008

I've had dinner here 3 times. All the meals were good, friendly staff & reasonable prices. It's great to have an option like this in the Sydney CBD.

I like the tofu tod entree & very partial to the Chilli Basil stir fry; I've had that twice now. For the main course I order the 'quick meal' option. This is a smaller (but still plenty) serving with some rice on the side. Perfect amount of food for me.

The other main I tried was the Pad Thai, good, but I'm not a fan of mock meat. That would be my one criticism here - seems to be too much mock meat in the dishes, although I did read that you can request it to be left out.

Juices are good.
The menu is extensive & I look forward to trying out more dishes.

Lea
Lea

Best Thai restaurant in Sydney

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2008

They have 2 restaurants: the one on King Street is small, mainly for lunch - you get a smaller size serving with rice for $7. The perfect quantity for lunch + fast, delicious and the staff are just lovely. I love that each dish contains lots of different vegies, perfectly fresh and cooked to still crisp perfection. They are happy to leave out the fake meat if you prefer just tofu and vegies (or vice versa). Fresh squeezed juices are cheap. Inspiring quotes from famous vegetarians on the walls are fun to read. The radio can get annoying. The bigger restaurant a few blocks along Sussex St to the north is even better coz they have no radio - and you can get main meal sizes with separate rice so you can share a variety of dishes with your friends. Be warned, the servings are huge, so if you want room for entree or dessert don't order a main per person. Dessert choices are quite limited and several are usually unavailable anyway and those that are are not particularly outstanding in my opinion. My faves are the green curry and cashew stir fry with 'harmony' sauce and the curry puffs.

Pros: Freshest of vegies, perfectly cooked, Cheap, Incredibly delicious food
Cons: Only white rice, Not open Sundays, Desserts are limited
flytheorient
flytheorient

Nice location, friendly staff, great food!

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

Stopped by for dinner while visiting Sydney recently and had a great meal that didn't burn a hole in my wallet!

It's located at a corner on Erskine street in downtown Sydney, easy to find. Apparently there are two locations, only visited the one on Erskine St.

They have a website: www.peaceharmony.com.au

Reasonably priced, had a soup and a "quick meal" which comes with entree and rice, total about 13 dollars.

Definitely will return for other items on their extensive menu.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, inexpensive
camerongreen
camerongreen

Great Food

4 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2008

My first time at either of the Peace Harmony restaurants.

An informal setting with plenty of pamphlets to read about the place. Food was inexpensive, quickly served (though not many in the restaurant on a Monday night) and tasty. I started with corn cakes and chili sauce which was delicious, my friend had the Tom Yam soup which was spicy and very good. I then had Pad Thai for main, could have been a bit spicier but was otherwise very good. My friend had Musman Curry and he thought it was pretty good, maybe a bit heavy on cummin. I love cummin so maybe we should have swapped dishes. We order the non main size so we could fit in the entrees, and they were still large enough for a good meal.

Oh and it says they don't accept cards on the "about" section here, but I paid with my mastercard without any problems.

All up I think this is the best asian "mock meat" style restaurant I've been to in Sydney. I will be going back again, not only because it's on the same street I live :)

Pros: Cheap, Good food, Good servings
Cons: Service could be friendlier
thelink
thelink

Absolutely delicious

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2007

This was our first time at Peace Harmony and we can't wait to go back there again.

The dishes we had tasted absolutely spectacular and were very nicely presented.

The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed.

Peace Harmony is b.y.o, the food deserves a nice bottle of champagne.

janivegan
janivegan

Delicious Thai

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2007

This is a great restaurant for vegetarians who don't eat onion family but love Thai. The food is lovely and reasonably priced. The staff are helpful. They have lovely Jungle curry & the soups are good with that fresh Thai taste.

Pros: Clean, Great Thai tastes
Cons: Need more vegan desserts
khity
khity

Yum

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2007

Bring a friend to share the huge serves :D

Pros: Huge Servings, fantastic food, Yum

Dear Owner and Manager of Peace Harmony - Erskine St: