Pavement Coffeehouse - Newbury

Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house with several locations in the area. Offers light food with some veggie choices - has vegan cream cheese, breakfast sandwich with eggplant and with tempeh bacon, vegan muffin, and soy milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon-Sun 7:00am-8:00pm

First Review by LaurenMoody
amykbauer
amykbauer

an old veg favorite

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2015

When I lived in Boston, this was the only place that had tofu cream cheese that I knew of! Back here for a work trip and it's just as good as I remembered. Good vegan sunrise breakfast sandwich, and assorted vegan scones and muffins! YUM :)

bunnyfarts
bunnyfarts

SO YUMMY!

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2015

Very popular place, lots of locals there, so we knew it would be good. But the combination of items in each menu item was quite unique, but sooo yummy. I'm a sucker for vegan vegetable cream cheese too.

Pros: Delicious, Efficient for its business
Cons: Busy, Limited seating in Newbury St location
LaurenMoody
LaurenMoody

Tempeh to the rescue!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

I was super happy to find a spot where I could grab a quick and healthy bite, while visiting Boston. I found Boston to be not so vegan friendly, and this coffee shop made lunch with my omni sister quick and easy.

I ordered the tempeh sandwich, and subbed roasted sweet potatoe slices for the eggplant. It was solid, not amazing, but I was thankful for the option.

My one gripe would be that the employee's weren't clear on prep methods of some of the food items, as I wanted to make sure they didn't use butter in the cooked veggies.

Pros: affordable, healthy, tempeh!
Cons: limited choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Pavement Coffeehouse - Newbury: