Serves meat, veg options available. Hipster, casual vibe, urban barn decor pizzeria. Vegan pizza menu with ingredients like housemade vegan fennel sausage, cashew ricotta dollops, Daiya cheese, Italian tomatoes, grilled leek, marinated baby kale, nutritional yeast, pickled red grape halves. Pizzas are baked inside a Neapolitan-style wood-burning brick oven. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, American, Take-out, Non-veg
60 Greenpoint Ave (Greenpoint area)
Brooklyn, New York 11222

tofuhunter
tofuhunter

pretty good for vegans

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

The vegan options they have are very classy and tasty. But they don't have daiya anymore, so don't go there if you have your heart set on a gooey salty cheesy slice!

Pros: nice ambience, nice service, vegan sausage and ricotta
Cons: no daiya
smalak
smalak

In Ricotta da Vegan

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2013

This pizza was absolutely fantastic. I have been thinking about it ever since I went there a month ago. Cons: they do not take reservations. My party of 2 was lucky to only wait 30 minutes on a Saturday night. Larger groups were waiting up to and over an hour. Staff was nothing to write home about. One thing I found strange was that the open kitchen area has the same dim lighting as the rest of the restaurant. It worried me that people were preparing our food in candlelight. How could they possibly see what they were doing?

Pros: Vegan Ricotta/Fennel Sausage Pizza!, Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies!, Nutritional yeast offered as topping
Cons: Limited hours of operation. , They don't take reservations, Cooks work in the dark.
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Outstanding pizza!

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

This place is really good. Well, at least, this is how I like pizza. Thin crust, cooked in a wood fired oven, a scattering of fresh ingredients and very little cheese (not like Pizza Hut). The atmosphere is intentionally rustic, dimly lit, and a little tight, but cozy. I went by myself on a Saturday night and I waited 20 minutes for a seat. It was well worth the wait.

The place serves meat and dairy, but the entire back side of the menu is dedicated to vegan pizza. I can't remember the fancy name they gave the pizza I ordered, but it was a thin crust pizza with red sauce, fired in the oven with fennel seed "sausage" and then finished after baking with dollops of vegan ricotta "cheese" and sprinkled with arugula. I savored every bite.

The owner, Paulie G. was in the restaurant, talking with patrons, and helping the staff. He delivered my pizza to my table. I heard him talking with the couple next to me and he explained how he had gotten the oven from Naples, Italy and had it torn down and shipped "brick by brick and tile by tile" to Brooklyn. A super nice guy. The kind you like to give your business to.

Pros: Great Pizza, Friendly Staff , Cozy Environment
Cons: Not in Manhattan

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

You Must Go Here

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

I cannot express to you enough how incredible this pizza is. If I were to dream up the most heavenly vegan pizza pie in the world, it would be made at Paulie Gee's. Gourmet ingredients. Baked in a brick oven. They have homemade vegan fennel sausage, homemade cashew ricotta dollops... OMG! Vegan. Pizza. Heaven.

It's also a place you can bring your meat-eating friends or family because, for better or worse, they have pies with meat and cheese too.

The one topping I was surprised I didn't see on the menu is artichokes.

Dear Owner and Manager of Paulie Gee's: