Patxi's Chicago Pizza -...

Serves meat, veg options available. One of several locations in the greater Bay Area. Chicago style deep dish as well as thin crust pizzas. Has a vegan pizza listed on the menu using Daiya cheese, or create your own pizza with choice of vegetable toppings. Has a few vegan appetizers. Limited delivery range. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Pizza, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by letsgetfree
Vegan Mom
Vegan Mom

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

We tried the Vegan Pizza right on the menu. It has vegan cheese and delicious toppings. We also tried a pizza with vegan cheese and toppings chosen from the list of toppings. We got the deep dish pizza which takes almost half an hour to bake. It was well worth the wait! This was probably the best pizza I have ever tasted. Our group of four all enjoyed it. The people who work there are really nice. The only downfall is the salad was small and way over priced. It was $10 and saiid it had beans and stuff but when it caee it only had lettuce and tomatoes. Not worth the price at all. Luckily for us, they forgot to make it so we got it for free. Aside from that I recommend their vegan pizza. Really great! Just use restroom elsewhere Only one and there was always a line.

Pros: vegan cheese, whole wheat vegan crust, friendly staff
Cons: salad way too pricy!, one bathroom...be prepared to wait!
ChristineCook
ChristineCook

Great vegan pizza

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

The vegan Chicago-style pizza was really good. Very clean restaurant. It's a very busy location and they have a good system. You are allowed to pre-order your pizza, so they start making it for you before you get seated when there is a long wait. Definitely would go back!

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Clean, Friendly staff
Cons: Long wait
Chia
Chia

Deep Dish Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this pizza restaurant on happycow and decided to eat here on a recent trip to San Francisco. Here's my Patxi's Chicago Pizza review.

On the menu I immediately spotted the "Vegan" combo pizza (marinara, spinach, Daiya vegan cheese, raw minced garlic on top). I pointed to it and asked for Chicago style rather than the thin crust style. While my pizza was only a small 10," it weighed heavily. Deep dish! There was such a thick layer of Daiya vegan cheese onto of a layer of spinach and a thick dough and crust. The raw garlic on top gave it a real kick. Good marinara sauce. Cost $22 with tax. Not cheap but very filling, easily feeds 3 adults. I wouldn't recommend eating too much at once because it is heavy with loads of vegan cheese. But very delicious. I hadn't had deep dish pizza since when I was a teenager and ate conventional fast food like Pizza Hut's pan pizzas.

The interior is a typical San Francisco restaurant size - moderately small. Dark wooden furniture, casual, smells like pizza.

I took my pizza out to the park just next to the restaurant and enjoyed it with my daughter. My husband had a slice later and liked it a lot, too.

Pros: has vegan, deep dish pizza, a treat
Cons: not all veg
VgnPwr
VgnPwr

Vegan and Gluten free! Hell yes!

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

I was so happy to find out not only do they make vegan pizza but their gluten free crust is vegan too! Although I know this is a gut bomb waiting to happen, its so darn good!! Vegans you gotta try it. They do use daiya cheese too.

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan gluten free crust

Jessi F.
Jessi F.

One of the best pizzas I've had in ages

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

Some people misunderstand Chicago-style pizza. It's not thick crust in a dough-y way, like you see at a lot of chain restaurants. It's really more like a pie - a crust that creeps up the sides of the pan so you can fill it with stuff - cheese first, then the sauce and toppings above the cheese. As a former Mid-westerner, before I was vegan, I used to love visiting family-owned pizza places in Chicago for real Chicago-style pizza. Now vegan and in California, I looked into whether there were any places that did vegan Chicago-style pizza before going back to visit Chicago. I didn't find any in Chicago, but I was thrilled to stumble upon this place in California instead.

They do half-baked pizzas that you can take home and finish baking. When I do a day trip to the Bay Area, I pick up a Patxi's Pizza to take home (which is Central California). At first it seems slightly crazy to spend this much on pizza, but it really is a lot of food (the pizza box will be heavy), so it feels like a good value. The vegan one on the menu is pretty nice, but really, we now prefer to pick out our own toppings - artichoke, roasted garlic, and mushrooms is our current favorite. And the Daiya cheese is great on it!

Pros: excellent food
intheend
intheend

Deep dish pizza!

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2011

This deep dish pizza is so amazing! Tons of daiya, spinach, garlic, and onion. It's seriously a great pizza but will leave you smelling awful from all the garlic. I would go as far as to say that no visit to San Francisco is complete without a Paxti's pizza.

Seitan_Nic
Seitan_Nic

Best Pizza in SF

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2011

It's nice to have Paxti's over here in the city. I was jealous of the East Bay for having Lane Splitter's before, but Paxti's is better. You can choose between extra thin crust,thin crust, pan or deep dish pizza- all four are available vegan, and all four are delicious. The only thing that would make this place better is if they had some better salad offerings or vegan appetizers.

Pros: GREAT pizza, Delivery
Cons: No vegan appetizers, Salad menu could be better
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Best vegan pizza on the West Coast!

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2010

Given the fact that there's little to no vegan pizza options in Chicago (believe it or not) I was anxious to try Paxti's. I'm going to say this is the best vegan pizza in the West...my goodness it was good! I just ordered a regular pizza with white crust (vegan) with Daiya (they really know how to cook with Daiya here), green peppers, garlic, and onion. I can not articulate how good the pizza was, so you're just going to have to try it! There's actually two locations, as I found out later, so look them up and give 'em a shot. 5 COWS!

• kindlizard kindlizard

a meat place using Daiya cannot have the best pizza on the west coast when there is one in Eugene that makes their own vegan cheese and sells no meat. Daiya is great, but I can make it at home; it isn't that creative, no offense.

• SynthVegan SynthVegan

Kindlizard - I understand your point of view. I stated my opinion based on my experience with pizza places in the west, that was rewally the best vegan pizza I've ever had on the west coast. I was not aware of the pizza restaurant you mentioned, but I will surely try it out when I'm in the area. :)

letsgetfree
letsgetfree

Great Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

Yummy deep dish vegan pizza, with lots of toppings to choose from. So far the best vegan pizza I've found in the Bay Area.

Dear Owner and Manager of Patxi's Chicago Pizza - Hayes Valley: