Serves meat, veg options available. Uses organic produce, and the tomatoes are grown locally by the owners. Offers salads, wraps and sandwiches. Has vegan mayo, vegan cheese, tofu scramble, and vegan sausage patties. The soups are all vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Organic, Non-veg
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Nevada
Reno, Nevada 89512
775-784-1380

Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:30pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by VeganInReno
Audubon
Audubon

Not What It Used To Be

1 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Stopped in today and was told the place was under new management. Gone are the great vegan options. There was a standard vegetarian sandwich, but that was it.

Cons: No Great Vegan Opt Options, Parking
Janet4784
Janet4784

good, but a little hard to find

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

Another reviewer kindly gave info on finding the right building, and I would add that there are a few metered parking spots in the lot to the side, but everything else is permit only. They had a nice veg selection, and a really nice area in the building lobby for sitting and enjoying. My vegan breakfast wrap was hearty and filling, but could have used more seasoning. I'll go back when I'm in Reno again.

Sabrina H
Sabrina H

Yummy & healthy!

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2011

I went to Pathways for the first time today, and found the food absolutely delicious! I ordered the vegan breakfast burrito (with scrambled tofu, potatoes, salsa, etc.) and also had the roasted eggplant & garlic soup. As a vegan, I appreciate having healthy options available right on campus! The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the owner even came to our table to check on how we liked the food. Would recommend to anyone, vegan or not, 100%.

Pros: delicious, fast, well-priced

racqui77
racqui77

A great vegan experience for a girl from Chicago

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2011

I visited Pathways today with five of my family members for lunch, and I was delighted with my vegan options and the friendly staff. I found this place through Happy Cow, and had some difficulty finding the restaurant in the university campus. We wandered through the molecular research building and took a ride in the freight elevator before finding the cafe seating area in the Whittemore Peterson Institute building #160. The cafe appears to be a simple sandwich shop, but I immediately found "vegan wrap" on the menu. It had tofu scramble, potatoes, vegan cheese, salsa, and eggplant all melted together in a burrito. The tomato soup is a must-try, made with hydroponically grown heirloom tomatoes. It is sweet and flavorful. All of my non-vegan family members enjoyed their lunch as well. We split some delicious cupcakes for dessert; one chocolate and one strawberry shortcake. Careful with parking here, as the campus may ticket you. There is a few metered spots just outside the building. Currently they are only open from 11 to 2, but I assume this changes when classes are in session.

Pros: Excellent food, Supports 11 local vendors, Vegan options
Cons: Hard to find
veggielvr02
veggielvr02

Amazing food and friendly staff!

4 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2010

I love Pathways! The staff is super friendly and the food is delicious. I'm vegan and there are not many options for me on campus - needless to say I was ecstatic to discover Pathways. They have amazing soups that are all vegan, and I love the vegan wrap made with tofu scramble, potatoes and vegan cheese, which is not too pricey. They also make a vegan grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and VEGAN mayo! YUM! Everyone (vegan or not) should go check out this restaurant; you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Healthy
VeganInReno
VeganInReno

Awesome!

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

I visited Pathways today with my boyfriend and friend (all vegan). As a vegan in Reno, it's difficult to find places to eat out so we were excited when Pathways opened. We were not disappointed! All three of us ordered the Veghead Sandwich with vegan cheese and it was delicious! They had delicious looking vegan cupcakes available but we didn't order any because the sandwich was so filling. They gave us a free sample of the chocolate and chai flavored cupcakes and they were so good! My boyfriend and I can't wait to go again and I am sure we will be regulars! It's also nice to have a healthy dining option on campus finally.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, great value

Dear Owner and Manager of Pathways: