CLOSED: Path at Pagoda

A full-service vegan restaurant located in the historic Ghent district in Norfolk. Uses fresh seasonal ingredients, and offers brunch on Sunday. Full vegan bar wine liquor beer. MAY 2013 RE-OPEND IN SPRING 2013 AS A NON-VEG RESTAURANT - REMOVED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American,Take-out, Delivery
265 West Tazewell St (/inside the Pagoda)
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
757-622-0506

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by WholisticVirginia
pentagoth79
pentagoth79

This Place is Ridiculous!

2 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

Okay, the food is good. The service is good and they always have a nice restaurant. I've been following them around since they started. That was 4 locations ago. They close down as fast as they open. [edit by staff-see ToS] I hope they get their act together because it would be great to have another vegan restaurant in the area.

Pros: Good Food, Nice Restaurant, Good Service
Cons: Keep Closing, Keep Moving
azoraa
azoraa

Could not be served

2 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

Upon entering was told that it is no longer a vegan establishment and only open for 'private party' that night. I have come here in the past when it was open to the public and had a mediocre experience then. Would give it 1 cow it I could.

Pros: Interesting Location, Nice garden outside
Cons: Denied seating, Low selection, Slow or no service
vegva4eva
vegva4eva

Disappointing

2 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

The waitress was nice, but she started by listing regular soda as bev choices for Sunday brunch, not freshly squeezed juice not Odwalla, Naked, or even Knudsen's, Santa cruz, or even Nantucket nectar. The only tea choices were black, green, and Earl Grey (no herbal teas at all). Sugar and saccharine were the only sweeteners (no stevia or agave). The menu seemed okay, but the tofu scramble was soggy, yet gritty with tons of bitter turmeric. The home fries were crunchy (ok for me), yet the tempeh "bacon" was a soggy overly salty mess. My dining companions had the breakfast bowls doused in salty gravy. This was the least healthy and least tasty vegetarian food that I've ever eaten. I seriously wonder if the chef is even vegan. The food is cheap but not as cheap as cooking at home. The only positive thing is that service was reasonably fast (by veg restaurant standards). The view over the water was nice, but this place can't hold a candle to a waterfront place like Greens in S.F.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 16, 2012

Pros: fast service, decent waitress, pretty location
Cons: salty food, unhealthy beverages, bad flavor overall

radmango
radmango

OK

2 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2011

So, I tried to get to Path after they first opened but never got over there. Now they're inside The Edge which is a skeezy bar. Before I get into that let me comment on the food- it was okay. I got the BLT and the potato salad. Nothing to rave about. But I also got a peanut butter cookie which was SO GOOD! I've tried to go back a couple times since them but no one was there Either time. I'm sure they were open but it was a ghost town inside, even in the bar area?

Now for location - Path is just a window in the wall inside this bar. When I went at like 8 on a Friday night the music was blaring, black lights on but no one was in the bar. I had to shout my order. Also there are no tables to eat at - there were maybe 2 tall tables for standing at but no where to sit so it's pretty much just for takeout. Really the place gave me the heebie jeebies for some reason - maybe bad flashbacks to awful skanky bar food during my college days. Though it seems they must be courting a majority college crowd and not a cranky 30-something like me, so maybe I'm not supposed to like it.

I do kinda want to try the biscuits and gravy though. I'd like to go back if only to support a vegan business in Norfolk but the location is an issue for me.

Pros: Awesome cookies
Cons: Terrible atmosphere, No service at times
jmwatts
jmwatts

Excellent Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

This is a wonderful restaurant that is fully vegan. They are very accommodating to special requests. They frequently have nightly dinner specials for $5 - $10. They also have a daily selection of cookies, donuts and cake that are yummy. They sometimes have a vegan, gluten-free dessert.

Pros: DELICIOUS!, Owners are great
WholisticVirginia
WholisticVirginia

A path well taken!

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2011

The Path restaurant in Ghent is awesome! I had the "BLT" which was tempeh, lettuce, tomato and vegan mayo and it really hit the spot. Their potato salad was also amazing :) My hubby had the Buffalo Sandwich which was also awesome. My mom got the teriyaki wrap, which was a bit on the salty side and the only thing that we probably would not order again. Overall the staff was friendly and very helpful to us out of town guests. We will definitely be returning!

Pros: excellent food, great value , healthy cuisine
Cons: slow but friendly server

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Path at Pagoda: