Serves meat, veg options available. The Wednesday lunch is all-you-can eat with salad bar, pasta and pizza, and rice dishes. At dinner there is no menu or wine list. The owner will ask you about diet requests - this is the time to tell him that you are vegan or vegetarian and to tell him about any foods you don't like. He substitutes vegan cheese when it makes sense for the dish. Then he will bring out course after course of food tailored to your needs. The inside of the restaurant is roomy and intimate at the same time. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Buffet, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg
1515 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, Washington 98109
206-283-1515

Mon-Tue 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wed 11:00am-2:00pm, Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Smallu
Smallu
Smallu

Surprising & vegan!

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2012

I took my husband here for his birthday last week after hearing about the unique dining experience from a co-worker. No menu? No wine list? We just have to surrender to the chef? We were both a little skeptical. The owner/chef came over and greeted us right away and recommended two different wines. He asked us our dietary restrictions and we told him (I am vegan and my husband is pescatarian). Out poured 6 coures for me (7 for my husband) all perfectly timed. First course was broiled zucchini with vegan cheese and the second course was bread. Third was salad, followed by a spaghetti type dish and a penne/mushroom pasta dish. Then there was baked eggplant (the best I have EVER had). I was told that my dessert options as a vegan would be limited to sorbet. In actuality, I had what tasted more like vegan vanilla ice cream plus a raspberry vegan ice cream with dark chocolate nibs plus a side of strawberries. The dinner was leisurely, we were there for about 1.5 to 2 hours, the food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was good. My meal was $24. This is not high-end food, rather delicious, rustic italian fare. We will definitely be back! There is lot parking for a fee directly across the street.

Pros: Excellent food, Great service, Great value

Dear Owner and Manager of Pasta Freska: