Passion for Food

Serves meat, veg options available. Lunch and dinner restaurant with a few vegetarian salads (including a pasta and a Mediterranean salad), at least two soups, and a vegan tajine. The owner makes sure that the vegetarian dishes are nutritionally balanced (proteins, carbs, etc). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Non-veg

First Review by magnolily
mel887
mel887

Wonderful

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

This was such a breath of fresh air in Bruges (& Belgium in general). I was so sick of having pizza & pasta as my only vegetarian options in most of Belgium (There were fancy vegetarian restaurants that I came across, but I was on a budget and definitely couldn't afford them!). When I came across this restaurant I was so happy! I had the special of the day, and it was absolutely delicious. The owner was so friendly and catered to every special request my friend and I made. There wasn't a huge variety of vegetarian dishes, but the dishes that were on the menu all sounded really great. My friend was really happy with her meat dish as well. Overall a great place. Go check it out!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 15, 2014

Dave B
Dave B

It Hit the Spot

4 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

I'm a low-oil vegan, had the vegetable special and was totally pleased and satisfied with all aspects of my experience at Passion for Food. I'd give it five stars were I not prevented from doing so by Happy Cow cause it's not a vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Sherif,the waiter/owner and his wife Zahira, the c
BobP
BobP

I agree with the above reviews

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

Sherif (server) and Zahira (cook) are a great combo! Just bring cash. I just want to add: If you flash a credit card, Sherif will send you out looking for an ATM machine. I now know where they are after searching in the rain for 20 minutes to find one.

Pros: Generous portions, Multiple veg. choices, Friendly service (owner)
Cons: Cash only, Not many tables
tryn ny ty
tryn ny ty

Great option for Vegansin Brugge

4 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to hungry vegans. The owner is delightfully kind and thoughtful. He feels personally responsible for making you a “complete meal” that includes all dietary requirements — especially protein. The stew-like dish that he prepared for me included root vegetables, chickpeas and lentils and it was delicious. At my request, he even prepared a special hummus for me despite not having it on the menu. My colleagues were quite satisfied (meat eaters) with their options, and we all agreed that this was the best meal of our time in Brugge.

Pros: Excellent food, Great portions, Great service
Cons: Limited selection
cdrPieton
cdrPieton

We really enjoyed eating at Passion for Food

4 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

We ate at Passion for Food on a week day evening (a plus in itself as some vegetarian (friendly) places in Bruges only open during the day). The proprietor was very friendly, but not intrusive. Although the restaurant is not vegetarian he definitely understood being vege. I had vegetarian cous-cous and my girlfriend the recommended special. Both were excellent and very generously sized (despite the special being described as small!). The establishment itself was bright, comfortable and very clean. I'm not sure why we walked past the first time when looking for it - I think the sign in the window might be quite small. As a hint, there is a brightly lit shop (looks like a chemist in my picture) next door to the left. Very much recommended.

Pros: Food quality, Friendly, Open in the evening

magnolily
magnolily

Delicious food

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

This is a nice place with a lovely small inner garden. I am vegan and I had a Black Lentil Soup which was really delicious and than for the main dish the owner suggested me to try the Veggie Special. It was very very delicious and I got full completely although it doesn't make your stomach heavy. It tastes healthy, too.
The owner is really kind, he is not pushy but he is very friendly and a good conversation partner. We were talking about nutrition and health.

Pros: Delicious, excellent food, Reasonable price, good value, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Passion for Food: