Serves meat, veg options available. Buffet has a few vegetarian choices. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg
6140 E 21st St (Woodlawn)
Wichita, Kansas 67208
316-691-8300

First Review by kishaks
Squashbuckle
Squashbuckle

Passage to India: First Impression

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

Cons: I detected none. I must preface this review, however, with 3 important factors that shaped my experience:
1) I have eaten at Passage to India only once
2) I ate in the early evening on a weeknight
3) I visited as a vegetarian - so maybe I should leave a second review based on a vegan perspective!

Pros:
I enjoyed the relaxing ambient lighting and spacious, comfortable booth seating. The waiter acted professional. I found them polite and hands-off (we concentrated mostly on the buffet), which I prefer to hovering waitstaff. As for the food offerings, the omnivore and I found satisfaction with the selection! I adore curry and also like to eat light and low-calorie, whereas my date for the evening likes heavy, meaty foods. The fact that we both enjoyed ourselves suggests its versatility as a dining establishment. Overall, I would recommend dining there and believe that it would work for a date, business meeting, and family gathering place (though I did not pay any attention to whether they had child friendly - I mean, bland and generic - options).

Pros: wide selection, professional setting, spicy options
kishaks
kishaks

Impressive

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

On my first visit, the manager told me that since everything is made fresh to order, they can leave cream out of all their veggie entrees! Tasty, authentic food, great service, and awesome wine & mixed drink prices. Try the lychee & vodka!

Pros: Vegan baignan bartha, Fast, friendly service, Good drink prices
Guest

Passage to India is Great!

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2009

Passage to India is one of my favorite restaurants in Wichita, Kansas, and usually I order the Paneer Palak Masala (#48). At lunch time they also have a buffet, if you are a person who likes buffets. One time my husband and I tried the Indian Restaurant across the street and couldn't eat the food so we left after paying and went and got some real food. Thai food is much different from Indian food, and I do not understand any comparison between the two types of food.

Pros: EXCELLENT FOOD, Kham (pronouned "Cam") is great!
Cons: Mpme

Go Across the Street!!

3 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2007

I had a spicy curry craving and when I went to this restaurant it was closed and when I was pulling out of the parking lot spotted another Indian restaurant on the other side of 21st street, and that was right next to a Thai restaurant. I had a few days in Whichita and got to try out all three establishments and found the Thai food to be the best prepared and most satifying, and the Indian food on the south side of the street better than "Passage to India"

Pros: dark and warm
Cons: not alot of veg dishes in lunch buffet

Dear Owner and Manager of Passage to India: