Passage to India Bakery and...

There are 2 Passage to India locations. This one is mostly a bakery with a vegetarian buffet in the back; the one down the road at 1991 W. El Camino Real is a full-service restaurant that also serves meat. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Bakery, Indian, Fast food, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by cruitire
cruitire
cruitire

Yummy food, knowledgeable staff, great service

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo-vegetarian) with A LOT of other dietary restrictions because of food allergies and health conditions. I love Indian food, but am severely allergic to tomatoes, which has been a problem in some places. I'm also off all nightshades, and soy. I called ahead to see if I would be able to eat here, and they said they could make vegetarian food without tomatoes, so my friend and I tried it.

They were really great to us. We were there when it was not crowded, so I can't say if they would be different during a rush. But the waiter we had was patient, knowledgeable, and careful. He answered all of my questions abut ingredients, asking the chef if he didn't know. He never gave us any attitude problems (something I find far too frequently in some places), and he did not make mistakes with our food. Even when I asked for water with no ice (that one is preference not illness), he was very patient, respectful, and accommodating.

When we got our food, it was excellent. I had an okra dish specially prepared with none of my allergens, and my friend had a sampler. We both loved our food, and the servings were very generous. I would very definitely eat here again, and recommend it highly.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 07, 2012

Pros: excellent food, knowledgeable staff, good value
  • kfritz kfritz

This review is for Passage to India at 1991 W. El Camino, not the listed restaurant. They are related (same owner, similar name) but this listing is a bakery that has a vegetarian buffet in the back.

Dear Owner and Manager of Passage to India Bakery and Mithai Shoppe: