Organic vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. Menu items include superfood shakes, smoothies, and more. Also has retail items for sale including treatments with curative bitter herbs, superfoods, mung bean and clover sprouts, chia seeds. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Indian, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
Diego Dugelay 4-C (Andador Real de Guadelupe)
San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico

Eric_
Eric_

Your typical cult place

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Nice if you can stand the hare krishna hippie atmosphere. Food was average.

Cons: Cult vibe
choogirl
choogirl

Good for vegans

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I went here once since the other times I walked past it was closed. I ordered the vegan burger. It was huge! And delicious. The girl next to me ordered the falafel and it also looked equally huge and delicious. She could only get through half of it and took the rest home for later.

I ordered the PHP juice based on other reviews and it was pretty good.

Pros: Vegan options, Good value
Cons: Seems to close early
enRoute
enRoute

Decent option

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

Giving this an extra star for effort, but I just can't muster up the enthusiasm about this place that others can. With the closure of other great restaurants, this is really the only small veggie restaurant left, so it's worth trying and supporting.

That said, I've always walked away feeling kind of so-so about it. Decent food but I wouldn't call anything I've had here "amazing." It's the kind of place that rewards patience and repeat visits though as quality seems to depend on the day and who's cooking. Give it a try for sure, be clear about vegan options, and you may be pleasantly surprised. Note that many times I've walked in to be greeted by no one and had to wait around 5-10 minutes for someone to show up, and expect service to be slow.

Pros: Dedicated veg/vegan, Cute, Friendly
Cons: Sloowwwww, Kind of bland, Limited space, strong incense smell

bianchina
bianchina

Nice atmosphere and beautiful food

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2013

This is a really cute little place with the vegan options clearly marked. I second one of the other reviews - the PHP juice was delicious! Also ordered a big salad which was tasty and interesting. I told them I was vegan and they made me a special vegan salsa type dressing instead of the tahini dressing (which i guess must have yoghurt in it?) Service was friendly and efficient. Recommended!

Pros: healthy and delicious, beautiful juices, cute atmospheric place
Tranaya
Tranaya

A haven of excellent food

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

This is one of the best places I've eaten in quite a while.

We ordered the daily special, which included perfectly cooked carrots and a tamarind rice that I could have eaten all day. I was wary of fried vegetables but the batter was light, crisp, and not at all greasy.

We also ordered the falafel--excellent flavor, though it's not the usual falafel balls I'm used to..it was crumbled. Also, the chunks of tomato and cucumber could have been smaller.

Both meals were huge, the chapati was excellent, and the hot sauce a nice blend of flavor and spice.

They have a nice selection of juices, including the PHP (pepino, hierbabuena y piña), a delightful combination of cucumber and pineapple juice with mint.

Vegetarians who come to San Cristobol should not miss this place!

Update: We went back the next day for more vegan goodness. We ordered the vegan veggie burger, which was excellent. The PHP juice wasn't as good as the day before, and the music was far too loud. It was still the best place we ate in San Cris.

Updated from previous review on Friday May 10, 2013

Pros: excellent value, great food, nice music
bencamps
bencamps

Amazing food

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

Visited on 14th June 2012. Really good food, I had vegi burger, my girlfriend had falafel. So good we went back on 16th and ordered 2x falafal, what we got was 2x vegi burgers, we said it was wrong but the waitress insisted this is what we ordered, we said we don't eat cheese, she said that they (the burgers) didn't contain any, opened up and low and behold the burgers had melted cheese on top. Sent it back but got told by now annoyed waitress that we'd have to pay for it. So we paid for her mistake and the two original falafel meals - which still wasn't expensive and the falaful were still great. After writing the above I would still recommend any vegan or vegetarian visitor to San Cristóbal de Las Casas to go to Parvati as its a lovely little restaurant and the food is simply amazing. Just be careful when ordering - nothing is written down!

Pros: The food is excellent, Cosy, Very Cheap
Cons: Dippy waitress

Dear Owner and Manager of Parvati: