REMOVED: Paradis du Fruit

Serves meat, veg options available. Large restaurant. Offers fruit juices, soy smoothies, salads, but little vegetarian food. The vegetarian curry is not vegan. Locations all over Paris. Open late. Removed for poor veg options. Price: Moderate more-less
Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by astralgirly
Poundie
Poundie

Limited for vegetarians/vegans

1 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

There are plenty of places in Paris where a vegan or vegetarian can find something to eat--and many of these (including those not listed on HappyCow) have more options for vegetarians/vegans than this one.

Pros: too few vegan choices
estefinparis
estefinparis

Veg-friendly?

1 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2011

I've only been to one Paradis du Fruit location and I have no interest in trying the others - I wouldn't consider it very veg-friendly at all and the meal I had (a tofu curry) was too bad to even finish.

Alessandro
Alessandro

High quality

2 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

I tried three restaurants of this chain (La Défence, Saint Michel and Bastille) and I can confirm the excellent quality but also the too limited veg menu.
Gazpacho and guacamole souce are wonderful.

Pros: locations and opening hours, food quality, service
Cons: limited veg choice, price

error_911
error_911

Decent 'Trendy Healthy', Vegetarian Friendly

2 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2010

We visited le Paradis du Fruit in December 2009 during our honeymoon in Paris. I'd attempted to bring us to a traditional bistro but realized that their day's menu was 0% veggie friendly, and we happened to find this restaurant along the way. To be clear, this is not a vegetarian restaurant but is veggie-friendly. It is also more trendy/hip (or what I assume they think that is in Paris), so the emphasis is not necessarily quality. I had an open-faced sandwich which consisted of uncooked tofu, shredded root veggies, with a yogurt/curry sauce. The sauce was simple but not bad, while the tofu could have used a quick browning (though again a matter of taste). Alongside this came a split-pea/mint soup, which was 'ok' again. To put my finger on it, the soup had a fairly strong taste of chlorophyll (almost tasting of wheat-grass). My wife had a grilled tuna/avocado/tomato sandwhich with a side of french-fries. The fries were good (rustic style), and the sandwhich was again decent. The bread couldn't have been more 'American white', but again this was about 11PM with not many other choices. The remaining menu looked just as 'ok', and the pricing was alright as well (I believe we paid about 35 Euro including tip). For late night eats without too many options in the area it was good enough, though 10-Euro more and a little research would have fared us better.

Pros: Veggie-Friendly
Cons: Lacking in Taste
redpixie151
redpixie151

so so

2 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2008

It is ok of you want a 6 euro drink. Fruit costs a bit more in france so I could see paying that much, but the drinks are just not that good

astralgirly
astralgirly

Disappointed every time!!

2 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2008

I have been to Paradis du Fruit 6-7 times and with exception to the one time that I just drank their non-alcoholic drinks (which I love), I was disappointed each and every time! I have tried 4 different locations. I want to like it, cause they do have convenient locations when I am entertaining friends from out of town, but it is terrible. They have no vegetarian salads, which is absurd to me. They are not vegan-friendly, and what vegetarian choices they do have completely lack the flavor one expects for these simple dishes.
What is worse yet, is they are inflexible and absolutely refuse to alter any dish for a vegetarian (like just leave-out the salmon).
If you are a true vegetarian, I think you will be disappointed if you go here!!

Pros: great fruit drinks, good atmosphere
Cons: limited vegetarian menu, bland, non-flexible to accommodate vegetarians
Guest
Guest

Fresh and Trendy

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2007

I went to the one just off of the Champs Elysees, and the atmosphere is great. The bar is very cool-looking, and the cocktails are amazing. You can choose blended drinks with ice, or just juices. Great selection of salads, although many have fish. Everything is very fresh and tasty. The bread bowl is also really good. The restaurant is big and can accomodate large groups. There is also outdoor seating. The waiters are young and may not speak English.

Pros: yum cocktails, fresh and rich food, nice decor

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Paradis du Fruit: