This restaurant became vegetarian in Mar 2011 then all vegan Apr 2013. Offers some macrobiotic and raw food, made by an experienced chef. Supports organic and local products. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Spanish, Beer/Wine
Cuesta de Abarqueros, 3
Granada, Spain 18010

Open Mon-Sun 13.00-16.00, 20.00-23.30.

First Review by Amelie22
asham
asham

Very expensive for low quality food

2 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

We took the fajitas and the spring roll guacamole menu and both of the dishes were really disappointing considering the price. It is nice to have a vegan restaurant to go with this type of choices, but they should really rethink the ranges of prices or improve the quality of the food.

Pros: Nice staff, central
Cons: Very expensive, Basic quality
Vegjules
Vegjules

Nice place for a glass of wine

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

I went to Paprika on a late Summer evening when it is still hot enough to enjoy a meal outside, in the beautifully romantic terrace they have. Location is really great! And the decoration and environment is very cool as well. Staff was friendly and nice! The food was very good at taste but there was nothing surprising... No imagination at all, no new flavors... Although you could tell the ingredients are fresh and tasty for themselves! But way too pricey!!! Really!!!

Pros: Nice location, Fresh and local products, Kind staff
Cons: Pricey!!! Pricey!!!, No imagination added to the dishes
AgaTrzak
AgaTrzak

Good food, limited selection.

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

Not sure how the atmosphere inside the restaurant is, as we sat outside which was nice. The food was tasty and freshly prepared but the menu was limited, all vegan though. I had the tortilla wraps, very delicious, however a bit too expensive for what it was. Perhaps this would change with higher demand. Sangria was also VERY good.

Pros: Tasty, Selection of alcoholic beverages
Cons: small selection of food, a bit too pricey
filippodibari
filippodibari

nice place - quite good food

3 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I had a seitan stew - not bad, but nothing spectacular.
A bit on the overprized side.
Great place for a chat, a beer or a coffee though.

vegansmotka
vegansmotka

lovely vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

The food was really great. We had a wok of vegetables and seitan in besciamella sauce and then a dessert with fresh berries. I can say it's one of the best place were i have ever eat. Really recommended!

koen.schelfaut
koen.schelfaut

Paprika

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

I liked it very much. They were very friendly and helped me with my poor Spanish. The food was delicious and there was a very pleasing atmosphere.

Pros: Ecological, Tastefull, Friendly
Cons: A bit more expensive
brohamand
brohamand

Excellent All Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

My wife and I are both vegans and spent four nights in Granada. After trying Paprika the first night, we returned the next three and tried about 2/3 of their menu.

Almost everything on the menu is superb. Vegan restaurants are so often bland (one note or lacking in seasoning), heavily reliant on fake meat products, or cheap tasting. Paprika gets an A on all of these. The menu is diverse, which worried me at first: how can they specialize in both stuffed pasta and Thai food? Actually both are delicious.

Yes it's on the pricier side, but a lovely spot for a nice meal out.

I'd absolutely recommend the bruschetta, spring rolls, seitan stew (with a fantastic fake cheesy bechemel sauce), and the stuffed pasta with pesto. The baked tofu is also very good as are some of the salads, but those were my favs.

Overall one of the best places we went on our two week trip through Portugal and Spain.

Pros: Great food, All vegan, diverse menu, Hip area
Cons: Little pricey
lysi
lysi

Tasty vegan organic food

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

We had dinner at Paprika on our trip to Granada in May 2013 after reading the reviews on this site. Sitting outside on one of the few tables, we watched the world go by and enjoyed a couple of Sangrias (organic/local wine is on the menu), a shared starter of crudites and nachos with houmus, guacamole and a couple of pesto/tomato "cheese" type dips, which we really enjoyed although perhaps not so much the houmus, which was a bit dense. As a main, I had the seitan stew with rice, which I would call a seitan Stroganoff (think creamy, mushroom sauce) and my friend had the Asian stir fry. The seitan Stroganoff was tasty and came with rice and a little side salad on the plate but there wasn't a lot of it, which for the price charged was a bit disappointing. The stir fry portion on the other hand was OK. We didn't have a dessert - partly because we didn't particularly fancy the sound of any of them a lot and partly also because we were at our budget for the night at just under 50 Euro for the drinks, shared starter and our mains. The tea (infusion) menu deserves a mention as it not only was it extensive but also educational in terms of what aid/treatment the plants/infusion can offer. While we've definitely eaten more cheaply while in Spain, I was very glad to find a fully vegan restaurant with local, organic foods in Granada and would recommend.

Pros: Vegan, local and organic, including wine, Good selection/variety of dishes, Nice location and atmosphere
Cons: Not inexpensive
kylavegan
kylavegan

Out of this world newly ALL-VEGAN!

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

We visited Paprika in May 2013 on a trip to Granada. This restaurant is situated on a beautiful street of the city and we sat at one of the outside tables looking up a picturesque hill. The owner/chef informed us that they had gone totally vegan only three days prior (which thrilled me). We had the spring rolls, guacamole, pesto ravioli and fajitas. For dessert we had the chocolate truffles and caramelized bananas with soy ice cream. Yes, we ate a lot! Everything was so delicious, high-quality, obviously very lovingly made. The presentation was gourmet, service very nice and overall an incredibly enjoyable meal. It was our favorite restaurant on our entire trip around Spain. Absolutely worth going to for a delicious, all-vegan, gourmet dinner.

Pros: Incredibly delicious, Homemade, good quality, Helpful chef and staff
Nephi
Nephi

Paprika

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

Lovely restaurant with friendly staff. For our started we had nachos & vegetables with freshmade guacamole, hummus & tomatillo salsa. The guacamole and hummus was delicious but the tomatillo kind of bland. The main course was nice and the seitan was prepared really well. The food is not expensive.

JacobHicks
JacobHicks

A little disappointing

2 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2012

Whilst staying in Granada we were really excited to try Paprika - the menu looked fantastic, the reviews were glowing and it was very close to our accommodation. However we found the food and service to be lacking. The waitress was completely lovely and helpful but it was only her serving an entire restaurant, prepping food and serving drinks. We had to wait an awful long time for our food, which we wouldn't have minded except for the fact that the quality was lacking. Our entree was a tasting plate of dips which was excellent but the mains were a complete letdown. I ordered the seitan which was so tough I had a hard time cutting it let alone chewing it. It was also dry and lacking in flavour and I'm now finding myself with a stomach ache from it. My partner ordered the pasta which was ok, but nothing special. My drink order was forgotten also but brought out right at the end apologetically. We had spent so much time waiting that we decided not to bother with dessert. I felt very bad for the overworked waitress and one chef and desperately wanted to write a good review but unfortunately our experience wasn't great. :(

Pros: nice environment, good menu variety
Cons: food wasn't great, service was very slow, quite loud as kitchen is in restaurant
aps101
aps101

Fantastic! Do Not Miss This Place

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

As far as I am concerned the best veggie restaurant in Spain. The menu choices have a lot of variety and the dishes are prepared fresh as you order. Lots of vegan options. I went for the baked tofu and braised seitan dish. It was delicious and filling. The cook and waitress are delightful, you will want to stay for hours!

(If you are lucky you will catch some late night bicyclers that ride both down AND UP the stair street out front.)

Pros: Incredible Food, Best Staff, Great Atmosphere
brigit0815
brigit0815

Highly recommended

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

Very good food with a lot of vegan plates. They use organic ingredients and you can watch the chef preparing your meal. They also have a great choice of organic wines. We enjoyed very much eating here and came all the days we stayed in Granada. We almost tried every plate of the menu and can absolutely recommend every plate.

Pros: excellent food, fresh organic ingredients, friendly staff
Hanna Louise
Hanna Louise

good but expensive

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

good, interesting food, and good vegan options, though rather pricey.

Pros: healthy, good food, nice restaurant
Cons: somewhat expensive
Kirsh
Kirsh

Paprika Restaurant, Granada, Spain

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

Very nice little restaurant, up a few steps from the road. Tables also outside. Moderate prices. Menu in English and staff speak English. Very tasty food.

Opens 13.30 - 16.00 hours and 20.00 - 23.30 hours.

Pros: Good food, Moderate prices, English spoken
Cons: Up steps off the road
harlekwin42
harlekwin42

Delicious

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2012

The food here is cooked in full view by the most relaxed chef I have seen. He produces high quality, delicious meals,cooked with skill and care. Its food to enjoy and food to nourish. Not cheap but excellent value.

Pros: delicious, cooked with skill and care, nourishing
Cons: pricey
hannarae
hannarae

Muy Bueno

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

We had the sampler platter, asian wok, tofu and seitan platter, and butternut squash ravioli, chocolate truffles, and the carmelized bananas with soy ice cream...all were fantastic. This is a cozy, unique spot with wonderful service.

Pros: food, atmosphere, service
Tara HD
Tara HD

Best vegan food I had in Andalusia

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

A beautiful place with very nice staff. The tapas (olives) were incredible as were the spring roles we ordered as starters. As main dishes we had the Fajita and Thai Curry. The Fajita was with a lot more Seitan than I usually like but it tasted really good. The Thai Curry was rather mediocre. It contained soy sauce (which is really out of place in a Thai Curry), very little coconut milk and the vegetables were partly burnt.
Altogether it was a good experience (and definitely the best I had in all of Andalusia), a little pricey and with some space for improvement.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 17, 2012

Pros: fantastic spring roles, very nice staff
Cons: mixed experience with main dishes, pricey
psiphi75
psiphi75

The desert was to die for

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Good mains, although a bit pricey. Friendly staff. Not the nicest place to sit outside, but a quiet-ish spot for Granada.

Pros: Awesome desert
Cons: Expensive
greenknittinggal
greenknittinggal

Lovely atmosphere + tasty food

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

I really enjoyed my meal here. I was just spending a couple of days in the city and doing my research this place popped up as one of the few vegan friendly eateries.
My Mum and I shared a big sald to start which wasn't particularly special but portion size was good.
I went for the seitan mole fajitas for my mine which was super scrummy. 2 flour fajitas served with some really good firm seitan slices, sauteed peppers and onions, the mole sauce,salsa and guac (no sour cream for vegan option). You then build your own fajitas. Everything was fresh, not greasy at all and I was certainly stuffed!
My Mum went for a Tofu coconut curry w/brown rice. I didn't try it but she said it was good, and the portion size wasn't overwhelming either, but just right.
The menu was really big and I had a tough time making my choice.

Pros: healthy, filling and tasty , Friendly staff, quiet but central location
Cons: a few dishes were unavaialable
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

mixed feelings

2 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

The first time it was good but very expensive. The second time it wasn't the same staff (not nice)and it wasn't good (rice very dry, without sauce).
on the other hand, there are maggots and cockroaches and I found 2 on the food! Not to mention all the pub for leather items . [edit by staff - please see ToS]

SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Lovely

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

Fantastic restaurant close the town centre. The menu is varied and friendly for vegans. Unfortunately, a couple of dishes were sold out when we arrived, but the chef came out to see us and was willing to be creative in order to make sure we got something interesting to eat. Food was delicious and the wine was decent too. Food took a little bit long to come, but they brought us a free aperitif (soyamilk blended with banana and chili) which was very kind of them.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly, attentive staff, Lots of options
Cons: A little slow
Amelie22
Amelie22

Awesome!

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

Great restaurant, food is amazing and staff is remarkably nice. Offers a great local wine selection. Definitely one of the best vegetarian restaurant I have visited.

Pros: Food, Price, Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Paprika: