CLOSED: Papiga

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a variety of in-house-made vegan snacks and sweets made from mostly organic ingredients, vegan sandwiches and smoothies made from fresh fruit. It is a take-out shop, but it has a bench inside where you can sit and eat. CLOSED AND REPLACED BY Piknik. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International, Italian, Japanese, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
Trubarjeva Cesta 17
Ljubljana, Slovenia 1000

Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, closed Sat-Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by babsiveganerin
RabbiJesse
RabbiJesse

BEST. PLACE. EVER.

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

I cannot say enough about how much we LOVED and appreciated Papiga and the sweet lady who runs the place. I really wish I could give this place 5 cows (the settings only allow me to give 4 because it's listed as "veg-friendly), but seriously, this place is AMAZING for vegetarians AND vegans. SO MANY OPTIONS. We went all out vegan with sandwiches, salads, side dishes, cookies, smoothies, and energy balls. I think the lady thought we were a bit crazy because we ordered so much, but seriously, how can you stop yourself when things are this good! Take my advice: GO TO PAPIGA. You will not be disappointed. Honestly, as much as I loved the food, I think the best thing about this place was the lady who runs it. She was willing to "reserve" certain items for us (to come back later and get them) and explained everything to us in English. The only downside is that this place is closed on weekends, which was most of our time in Ljubljana. Would go back a million times! Thank you so much for this amazing experience. We love you!

babsiveganerin
babsiveganerin

best vegan opportunity in ljubljana!

4 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2011

because you can also buy meat, its declared just as veg-friendly... but you get much more vegan food here!
the owner barbara offers different vegan stuff - sandwiches, sushi, cookies, cakes, smoothies, coffee... i ate some of her selfmade cookies and like the cakes the most of them are very healthy (without sugar, wholegrain) - and sooo delicious!!!
its also very cheap - so a good opportunity for students ;)
papiga is easy to find and barbara is really nice - for me the best vegan opportunity in ljubljana!

Pros: very nice owner, selfmade healthy cookies and cakes, much different vegan stuff
Cons: you also get meat here

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Papiga: