Serves meat, veg options available. Small Mexican taqueria with a few vegan choices including soyrizo and tofu mole. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Seitan_Nic
gnarlynick
gnarlynick

marinated tofu

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

The best of the best for a vegetarian or vegan burrito. I LOVE the marinated tofu burrito! Make sure it's on a spinach tortilla! And double up on their salsa.... its deadly.

Pros: veggie options, vegan mole
Cons: lines are long at lunchtime , no salsa in burritos
breathingwater76
breathingwater76

Not Worth It

2 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2011

I used to live in San Francisco & I would get food from Papalote. I have never gone there and had my correct order handed to me. I'm visiting now and my friend & I decided to get take out. We got home and both of our orders were wrong. I was meant to have two tacos and I only received one, and my friend didn't get her chips and guacamole. So I called to complain. The girl I spoke with reluctantly said she would give it to us next time we came in. I called ahead the following day and talked with the manager. She wasn't very nice & kept stating "it's not possible to only get one taco when it comes with two." She also wasn't really answering my questions. But she said she'd get it ready for us and give it to us. We drove back over there and picked it up & got home & my vegan tacos were COVERED in sour cream and cheese!!! I'm only visiting so I have no intention of ever returning. If you like getting your order correct and avoiding the waste of food by having to send it back I suggest going elsewhere. There are so many Mexican food places in SF that are capable of getting order correct and their food is equally as good, if not better. I suggest skipping Papalote unless you want to check your order thoroughly before heading home. But, like I said, they have never gotten my order correct the first time, and more than just this weekend have they gotten it wrong the second. Plus, most of the staff are VERY rude. The food is good, but not good enough to deal with this.

Pros: Food Good
Cons: Bad Service, Mess Up Orders, Rude Staff
lpeterson
lpeterson

No Bueno

1 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2010

I was really excited about trying the food at Papalote because of all the hype. Unfortunately when my "vegetarian" burrito came, it had a huge chunk of chicken mixed in with the vegetables.

Pros: Good Salsa
Cons: Careless with meat mixing with vegetable
Seitan_Nic
Seitan_Nic

Great Salsa!

3 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2010

Although Papalote serves meat, they do have a few vegan options: Soyrizo, a very good tofu mole, and a couple of different veggie burritos. I like the one with potato, carrot and mushroom.

They also have one of the best salsas in San Francisco. Nah, probably one of the best salsas at any taqueria anywhere. It's pretty phenomenal.

Pros: Good Salsa, Clean, Cheap
Cons: Stinks of dead animal

Dear Owner and Manager of Papalote: