All vegan bakery providing also a quick lunch menu of soup, sandwiches, chili, corn bread, and sandwiches (added in Oct 2012). Makes cakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, pastries, cinnamon buns, and even vegan dog treats. New location since late Sept 2012 as reported to HC; previously on Church St in Keyport. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, American, Take-out

AllysonDwyer
AllysonDwyer

Cute and sweet

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

I come to Papa Ganache way too much because it's on the way from my apartment to my parents home. Sometimes I come and get a coffee and chill with my laptop with a cookie or muffin. Having that option to me makes this place amazing.

They have quite a variety of treats and they are never lacking. Some favorites include: any muffin, the samoa cookie, brownie, apple pie pizza slice, pumpkin cookie, and many of their cupcakes and best of all...VEGAN RAINBOW COOKIES!!!!

They also offer savory foods but they're quite expensive.

I've ordered quite a number of birthday cakes here and they're always beautiful. They do fondant designs. I've gotten: a green tea cake with a Totoro on it, a Boston Cream Pie cake with Popeye for my dad, a Samoa cake and a Rainbow Cookie cake (!!!!!).

They also sell lots of non-bakery vegan treats like candies and such.

Pros: Huge variety of sweets, Savory foods, Wi-fi and seating
Cons: Can be pricey
javila3
javila3

Awesome lunch

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

Today we had the Italian fried eggplant Stromboli, Israeli couscous soup, spinach orzo soup and their mac and cheese for lunch. All of it was very good. I'm not a big fan of vegan mac and cheese (I'm vegan but just never been a fan) but I really liked this one.

The staff (manager and guy at counter) were very friendly. The owner happened to be in while we were there but was not friendly. Which took away from our visit. Never said hello or smiled at us. I drop a chocolate Easter bunny by mistake by bumping into a display case they had which was wobbly and she said nothing to me even though I stated I was gonna pay for. I travel for a living and have been to numerous vegan places. Most are welcoming and friendly. She was not BUT her staff and food made up for it.
Sometimes a simple smile changed everything.

I also tried the creme brûlée cupcake, raspberry, chocolate cupcake and chocolate brownie which were good.

Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Not As Good As They Used To Be

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

Below is my original review, and I really wish I could stand by it. I know they've have some changes in bakers in the past year or so, and I really feel it shows in their products.

I stop in once or twice a year when I'm back in Jersey and last week I picked up some goodies for Thanksgiving. Where the cupcakes used to be rich and flavorful, they now taste more generically sweet. It was really disappointing. I was once in love with their peanut butter and chocolate cupcake, but it's overly sugary now. I don't know if it's different ingredients and/or a different recipe, but I miss the old Papa Ganache.

FIRST REVIEW:

I cannot possibly say enough wonderful things about this bakery. My husband and I had our wedding yesterday and ordered 100 cupcakes from them. Vegans, vegetarians, folks with dairy allergies, and eat-everything-atarians alike all LOVED the cupcakes. They were decadent, beautiful and the hit of the party. I cannot tell you how many times someone held up one of those delicious little morsels in our direction and said, "Good choice!" The Chocolate Obsessions lasted a whole 3 minutes if we were lucky, and the Chocolate Peanut Butter ones were other-worldly. My husband couldn't get enough of the Drenched Elvis. For anyone concerned that they might taste odd or off, this couldn't be further from the truth. We even threw in two gluten free kinds and you couldn't tell the difference. Todd and Lisa, the owners, are absolute gems, as are the rest of the staff. They were sent along in lovely pink boxes and presented so nicely that my husband simply told our waitstaff to put a few in the cupcake holder, and lay the rest out in the boxes - not to mention how thoughtfully labeled they were, which was a huge help for our guests with dietary issues/needs. RUN, do not walk, to Papa Ganache, and do not hesitate to use them for any special occasion - you will not be sorry. My only regrets? We live in Denver. Lisa and Todd, please consider relocating - I can almost guarantee you your rent would be cheaper.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 11, 2010

Updated from previous review on Friday November 29, 2013

Pros: Variety, Presentation, Friendly, Professional Staff
Cons: Not in Denver!, Used to be better, Overly sugary taste now

thevegantwins
thevegantwins

I really wanted to like this place

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I live a mile from Papa Ganache and as a vegan mom to young vegan-since-birth children, I so did want to like Papa Ganache but, after trying for a few years, I just do not care for the place, most especially the management. [edit by staff - see tos].

Pros: Local, Baked products were good, VEGAN!
Cons: Not always friendly towards veganism, EXPENSIVE!!!!
cowgodess77
cowgodess77

Disappointing

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

This place has potential, but unfortunately I don't think they truly get what vegan means. My first experience, I got a rude response when asking of the possibility of a soy free option. I had a few emails back and forth with the owner, who refused to address the palm oil issue. They seem to not care to even think about an alternative and would rather ignore the issue all together. As for the cupcakes themselves, I found them to be way too sweet, as if it was 99% just sugar.

Pros: no dairy
Cons: a lack of understanding
passedout
passedout

Vegan Baked Goods Done Right

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Papa Ganache makes excellent baked goods that have the right amount of sweetness. A lot of vegan bakeries go a little overboard with the sugar, but Papa Ganache does it just right. There are plenty of GLUTEN FREE options too which make it that much more awesome. Favorites include the chocolate chip scone and creme brulee cupcake. Their macaroni and cheese is not too shabby either if you're looking for some non sweets. The place is decorated in a cute, vintage interior design that harkens back to the old days of the soda fountain ice cream shop. All in all this place is excellent.

Pros: Great Food, Good Service, Great Interior
MikeyMike
MikeyMike

Very Good

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

All items tasted were very good... especially the cookie sandwich stuffed with icing. Everything tastes fresh and healthy. Some other vegan bakeries taste like it is all sugar and grease... not at Papa Ganache though. Definitely worth the visit and I live over 50 miles away!

Pros: Taste, Healthy
elles_belles
elles_belles

I've only been once and I'm in love

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2012

I had the Green Tea cupcakes and the PB&J ones. The green tea were good but not quite might cup of tea. It's pretty heavy on the almond extract and I'm not a big fan of that flavor. The PB&J was so good it curled my toes! I'm a freak of nature so I find the amount of frosting to be going a little overboard. For those who are like me or just tired of getting icing up their nose, I have a tip. Tear of the bottom half of the cupcake and put it on top. Cupcake sandwiches are much easier to eat.

I also love the decor inside and would love to eat in the outdoor area once the weather gets warmer.

ebvegan
ebvegan

DELICIOUS!

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2010

I had an apple tart, orange creamsicle cupcake and peach-plum pie, and all of them were incredible! The staff is unbelievably friendly and gave a really great detailed description of everything that was for sale.
The owner also makes a cheese spread that is GREAT! It comes in three flavors, and you can sample them before you buy them (but be warned, it will be really hard to say no after you try it!!)
Best vegan bakery I've been too yet :)

Pros: AMAZING food, Vegan cheese spread, Friendly Staff
Cons: A bit pricey
kathy99aa
kathy99aa

Wonderful

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2010

This is a wonderful vegan bakery. Evrythig I have eaten from here is delicious. I am not vegan, yet I go out of my way to enjoys these treats. From the vegan cheese to the biscotti, cookies, cupcakes cakes, muffins and brownies you cant go wrong! They also serve scrumptious The owners are wonderful people. I am always greeted with a kind smile. I love everything about this bakery.

Pros: excellent baked goods, clean, friendly staff
Cons: great coffee
Julie218
Julie218
  • non-vegetarian

Great bakery for vegans and non-vegans alike!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2010

Fantastic cupcakes...zucchini muffins are my personal favorite. If it were closer I'd be there daily!

Pros: Great staff, yummy food, Nice atmosphere
Sarah.and.Frank
Sarah.and.Frank

Best Vegan and Often Gluten-Free Bakery Around! :)

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2010

Papa Ganache absolutely changed my life! After acquiring a severe dairy allergy, I thought that a life of tasty sweets and desserts was over. Thanks to the vast variety of sweets in their shoppe, no taste bud has ever been left less than completely satiated. Whether your in the mood for rich chocolate, homemade pie, creamy frosting, nutty flavors, or just an absolute adventure of the palate, Papa Ganache has something for you! Who would have thought that you could pack so much quality and flavor into a cupcake?! And above everything else, the owners are incredibly friendly and accommodating. Their cupcakes and pastries are definitely not the only thing that has me driving 30 miles just to sample their newest creation. Wonderful! Fantastic! Scrumptious! It's worth the trip from any location! :)

Pros: Absolutely Scrumptious Desserts , Amazingly Generous and Wonderful Owners, Adorable Shoppe and Beautiful Location
Cons: Too Far Away! :(
nancyisorganic
nancyisorganic

Heavenly

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2010

Even if you are a far distance, make the trip to this heavenly bakery and you will not be disappointed. Their cupcakes are devine with flavors such as Almond Joy and Orange Creamsicle. Your non-vegan friends will never know that there is absolutely no dairy or eggs in any of their delights. Cupcakes come in mini and regular size. You will want to just pop a dozen of the mini ones in your mouth without stopping. Also have cookies, brownies, biscotti. They also sell to area natural foods stores.

Pros: flavors of cupcakes, it's all vegan!, lovely atmosphere
NicoleF
NicoleF

YUMMY!

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

Amazing baked goods. I have been to other vegan bakeries this place by far is my favorite. You don't feel disgusting after eating their stuff. The shop was easy to find, had plenty of parking and was very clean. The wait staff was super friendly and helpful too.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, YUMMY!
calead910
calead910

They taste healthy...

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2010

and I feel good about that. I've tried many different vegan cupcakes and the ones that taste like real cupcakes worry me quite a bit. I like the cupcakes that taste healthy, and wholesome and these make me feel good. We went in the middle of the day and they seemed to be sold out of a lot of options. I ordered a pignolie cookie which are my favorite but I was taken back by the price, it was over 3.00 for a very small cookie. I thought she made a mistake and we talked about how ridiculous the cost of that cookie all the way home. I would visit again but I'll stay away from the pricey cookie...the cupcakes were worth the costs more so than the cookie.

Colby
Colby
  • herbivore

Delightful Vegan Bakery

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2010

Papa Ganache is a lovely vegan bakery with a very nice atmosphere and scrumptious vegan goodies! The quality of their baked goods is top-notch; using all natural, mostly organic and fair trade ingredients! And I was happily surprised to see they offered a variety of gluten free treats. The Green Tea Cupcake was my personal choice. I'll definitely be back for more!

Pros: delicious food, good variety, nice environment
lotusinbloom
lotusinbloom

delicious!!!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2010

Such a great place to get baked goods if you are health conscious! many of my non vegan friends have tried the cupcakes and cakes and are honestly blown away by how awesome they are!!! definitely definitely should go to Papa Ganache! amazing!!!

Pros: great baked goods, vegan and gluten free options, friendly clean environment
Ooohlala
Ooohlala

FABULOUS!!!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2010

Papa Ganache has the most crazy good cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, cupcakes (Almond Joyus and Raspberry are my fav!) The bakery is beautiful, I don't want to leave when I'm there. Make sure you walk down the hall to write on the chalkboard and watch the bakers through the window. :)
I even love my PG apron that I bought!

Pros: food, ambiance, location
freeoh
freeoh
  • non-vegetarian

My new favorite happy place

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2010

Glad this little gem opened. The baked goods are awesome, the philosophy is lifechanging, and I need me some more Drenched Elvis cupcakes!

Carrot91
Carrot91

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2010

I was so happy when Papa Ganache opened up right near my house, and they didn't disappoint. Their baked goods are awesome, the decor is very cozy, and the owners and staff are all wonderful. This is a great bakery and I wish them much success.

Dear Owner and Manager of Papa Ganache: