One of the few veggie restaurants in the northern area of Bogota. Try the tostados and the brownies. Price: Moderate more-less
Calle 150 20-22 (Carrera 20)
Bogota, Colombia

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by AndrewLSmith84

I would live @ Pan y Soya if I could!

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

AMAZING! What else can I say. Having Colombian roots, and being vegan for two years I never thought I would ever eat another Colombian delicacy again. Pan y Soya proved me wrong! Pan de yuca (which they call roscas made with soy cheese), buñuelos (soy), almojabanas (w/soy cheese or soy cheese + bocadillo - which is a guava paste)...I think I am in heaven! Vegan brownies - O-M-G! Alfajores (cookie sandwich filled with ? and sprinkled with coconut - they can even make vegan cakes. I called the day before NYE to request and they came through! To-die-for thick, vegan chocolate "frosting" which was more like eating a chocolate bar slathered on top, vanilla cake (which you could request chocolate) and mora (blackberries). I am seriouslu considering packing the leftover in my backpack for the flight back to Chicago. They take orders the day before. Also ordered their lunch to go. YUM! I wish i could have tried every single thing they offer but alas not enough time nor room in the belly! Esperanza also offers a vegan baking class and a vegetarian cooking class. If the class is not happening she sells it on DVD. Oh how I wish i could pack them up and take them with me back home. At least I will know where to go for my first stop back to Bogotá :-). I plan to clear them out in the morning of a lot of baked goods. Hope I have enough room in my suitcase...could always leave clothes behind ;-)

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: Not available in Chicago :-(

A Little Piece of Heaven - un pedacito del cielo

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

This place is perfect for me. They have a incredibly large variety of delicious, vegan goods, they have a great location, and they are open long hours (until 8 or 9PM). I shop here weekly, buying bread, soy products, and pastries. The donuts are divine. I come often simply to enjoy a delicious vanilla coffee and chocolate donut. And the staff is very kind and attentive, too. For repeat customers, they'll put your order on a tab and you can pay the next day. They put care and consideration into their work and it shows. They even made a vegan wedding cake for me - best things I've ever put in my mouth. I highly recommend Pan y Soya. And if you're in the neighborhood, you can even stop in for a nice lunch - but don't forget a donut for dessert! Tell'em Andrew sent ya.

Este lugar es perfecto para mí. Tienen una variedad muy amplia de los productos vegetarianos deliciosos, tienen una gran ubicación, y están abiertos muchas horas (hasta las 8 o 9 pm). Hago compras aquí semanalmente, comprando del pan, los productos de soja, y las pasteles. Las donas son divinos. Vengo a menudo simplemente para disfrutar de un delicioso café de vainilla y un donut chocolate. Y el personal es muy amable y atento, también. Para los clientes que repiten, van a poner su pedido en una ficha y se puede pagar al día siguiente. Ponen atención y consideración en su trabajo y se nota. Incluso hizo un pastel de bodas vegana para mí - lo mejor que he puesto en mi boca. Recomiendo altamente Pan y Soya. Y si estás en el barrio, incluso se puede parar por un buen almuerzo - pero no se olvide un donut para el postre! Dígales que Andrew le envió.

Pros: Pastries - pasteles, Baked Goods - productos horneados, Fake Meat - carne falsa

Dear Owner and Manager of Pan y Soya: