Pan Comido Vegetariano

This vegetarian restaurant offers many vegan options including tofu burgers (ask for no cheese), hot dogs, falafel, aubergine sandwiches, salads, curry and caponata. Fresh fruit drinks with free refills. Laid-back and friendly atmosphere. Twitter @elpancomido. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
Tonala 91, Colonia Roma Norte (/between Alvaro Obregon and Chihuahua)
Mexico City, Mexico 06700
4398-4366

Open Sun-Mon 9am-5pm, Tue-Thur 9am-9pm, closed Fri-Sat.

First Review by jacguss
TableForOne
TableForOne

Classic Rock

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

I came here twice during my stay in Mexico city. First time i arrived i sat at the bench seating indoors and they were playing some Hendrix, followed by Beatles and Beach Boys, so i liked the place immediately.

The waitress was helpful in describing which parts of the menu were vegan or could be made vegan. I ordered the 'paquete' for 95 pesos. It included a main, a hot drink and a choice of fruit juice or fruit salad. I went for the burrito with tofu, spinach and mushrooms, a fresh mint tea and a fruit salad. The service was fast and friendly and the food was great.

The second time, i brought a couple of friends and we sat outdoors. Unfortunately, the service was a lot slower. My friends had nearly finished their dish before i received mine. My menu choice wasn't as interesting either. I had black beans, veg chorizo and tofu (which was a cheese substitution) on a white baguette. It was pretty bland.

Overall though, i liked the place. The decor was simple and stylish and the atmosphere was relaxing.

Pros: helpful staff, inexpensive, good music
Cons: variable waiting time, variable tasting vegan options
frads
frads

Best Vegan Restaurant in Mexico City

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

This was my chosen spot while in Mexico City. The location is very charming, nice staff, vegan-friendly menu options, great breakfast options, amazing dinner options and great vegan dessert options.

The restaurant seems to get a significant amount of hipsters and vegetarian/vegan tourists.

Pros: Vegan Options, Fantastic Coffee/Chai, Ambiance
Evguy422
Evguy422

SO SO GOOD!

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

Seriously, this place was amazing.

Great location. Servers all friendly and helpful. While not everything is vegan they are more than happy to make it vegan and accommodate for the missing ingredients. FOr instance if you leave out eggs from the burrito you can get tofu to fill their place.

The waiters and waitresses are friendly and explain everything. Also the food is SO reasonably priced. Great for breakfast or dinner or lunch. I had all three meals there on different days. Good hours. Very cute decor and nice neighborhood.

Cute hipster clientele frequent the spot. They also have free wifi, just ask for the password. And amazing vegan desserts. If you are veg or vegan you MUST visit this spot while in town.

Pros: Great service, Great food, Good prices
Cons: None!
njhassinger945
njhassinger945

Some vegan options

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

This was a decent vegetarian spot with some vegan options, but not much that was gluten free.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: slow service
Emilia el gato
Emilia el gato

Good for vegans!

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2014

This is an nice place, the location is not that noisy and the staff is really great. If you tell them that you are a vegan they are well aware what you are talking about. As a vegan you can get almost every thing that is listed in the menu. They serve breakfast with optional breakfast package or just a plate or basket with a sandwich. Around 13 in the afternoon they will change to the menu when they start serving hotdogs and falafel and other stuff.

Pros: Good for vegans, Nice staff, Nicely decorated

veganvixenamy
veganvixenamy

favorite restaurant in mexico city so far

5 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

They have vegan milkshakes! Excellent vegan options. Tried a vegan strawberry almond milk smoothie-scrumptious! Saw they have vegan cookies, other baked goods but did not taste them. The vegan portabello tofu burger I got really hit the spot. The mint cucumber water was adictive. The atmosphere of this place is remarkable. Love it.

Pros: vegan milkshakes! and baked goods, wonderful atmosphere, reasonably priced
Cons: not all vegan, somewhat difficult to find, i wish they had more locations
dougdo
dougdo

Super delish!

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

Had a great sandwich at Pan Comido yesterday. I think it was called the Sabrina. It was a veggie cutlet on some very nice bread with lots of veggies. Served with some very nice potato chips. Great space too, tables made from reclaimed materials for example. Friendly staff.

Pros: Food, Casual
Cons: Limited menu, mostly sandwiches
kezia
kezia

A Gem In Mexico City :)

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

As a vegan traveling to Mexico for the first time I was very skeptical about how well I would eat. On my first day we came across this gem in the heart of the city.
and all I can say is I ate VERY well for the rest of my trip!
Pom Comido is very modern and quirky, with interesting touches, Ike serving drinks in jam jars and beautifully hand written menus.
Everything is vegetarian but almost all dishes can be adapted to vegan if requested.
The first meal I tried was the veggie burger. Being a vegan and not eating cheese, the cheese in my burger was replaced with Tofu, which worked really well. It was served in a nice basket with crisps on the side. I also tried the "Burritos" I had mine with black beans and mushrooms with Tofu. again it was delicious!
As for deserts I really wasn't expecting to be able to order one at all, but to my suprise there was at least 3- 4 vegan options. I had the vegan chocolate cookie. Here in the U.K. I actually bake professionally as a vegan, and I honestly could not have made this cookie better myself. It was amazing!
The staff were nice and keen to help, despite some of them having limited English.
They were very accommodating too. As I arrived in Mexico City from Cancun where everyone accepts dollars. I naively thought that this was the same for the whole of Mexico, but to my suprise. No. The owner manager? was very kind to exchange my $50 note for Pesos on the condition we changed it back with her the following day. This was very trusting of her and showed very good customer service.
All I can say is that any Vegan or Veggie traveling to Mexico City much try Pan Comido.

Pros: Almost every dish can be made vegan, It's in a great central location, Food is delicious
Cons: No food marked as "vegan" , A lot of cheese is used
Eric_
Eric_

Check the address

3 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

Just wanted to warn others by pointing out that the map doesn't match the address. I didn't read carefully enough to realise this, only had the map, thus never found the place.

Veggie Cat
Veggie Cat

Vale la pena

2 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

Completamente de acuerdo con la primera reseƱa en cuanto al personal de este lugar. Lo he recomendado a amigos vegetarianos y de lo mismo se han quejado. Es una lastima ya que la comida es realmente buena, tienen mucha variedad y originalidad en el concepto.

jacguss
jacguss

• non-vegetarian

MUY BUENA OPCION

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

ES UN CONCEPTO NUEVO DE COMIDA RAPIDA VEGETARIANA, CON HOTDOG, HAMBURGESAS , ETC.
MUY BUENA LA COMIDA