REMOVED: Palm Tree

Serves meat, veg options available. One of few restaurants that will make vegan food upon request. At the beach between Mai House and La Veranda, access only from the beach side. Removed from HappyCow due to poor veg options, Mar 2015. Price: Moderate more-less
Vietnamese, Non-veg
Duong Dong Beach
Phu Quoc, Vietnam
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Zambezikid
MeiMeiMei
MeiMeiMei

Not worth the visit

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2014

Yes, this place does exist! However, I wouldn't say this restaurant is particularly vegan friendly and certainly not worth the trek if you're based anywhere a bit further afield. They don't have anything vegetarian, let alone vegan, on the menu. Even pasta with tomato sauce has pieces of meat in it! The friendly waitress said the only vegan thing they could do is fried noodles. I ended up suggesting some things they could possibly make for me, and I got a lotus root salad (although unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced it was free from fish sauce) and a curry with veg which tasted lovely. I would take Palm Tree off Happy Cow listing as I can't see any reason why anyone vegan would want to go through the trouble to go there as it's not that easy to get vegan fare there. There are other places in the area with a lot more to offer to vegans, for example Cassia Spice House has a vegetarian corner on the menu and most of the dishes on it are vegan!

Pros: Friendly service
Cons: Difficult to get anything vegan, Difficult.to find
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Does it exist?

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

Spent a few hours looking for ths place over the course of 2 nights... failed miserably.

Looked all the way up and down the main roads, asked around with lots of locals; no one had heard of it.

Not sure it exists, it's impossible to locate it based on the address on the listing cos it is incomplete.

Pros: Impossible to find

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Palm Tree: