Vegetarian food cafe occupying the space of the former Hungry Veggies restaurant and was previously named Pachelle. The menu includes falafel and hummus, veggie burger, soy tacos, vegetable burrito, salads, and french fries; uses dairy. It's on the Chetumal-Cancun road (also known as Avenida Tulum) between Alfa Norte and Osiris Norte, opposite the Municipio de Tulum. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Mexican
Avenida Tululm (entre Saturno y kukulcan)
Tulum, Mexico 77780
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by saul cups
yesitsallvegan
yesitsallvegan

slow service, unimaginitive food, out of dishes

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2016

We went twice to this restaurant in January. Both times, the service was very slow (even by local standards), drinks we ordered never came, and the food (a burger and the mezze plate) was underwhelming (but fine). The second time, we ordered pizzas, waited for 15 minutes, and were told they were out of pizzas so we left. An OK option if you're stuck for something vegan to eat, but not recommended beyond that considering the other outstanding restaurants in the area.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Pleasant location, Nice decor
Cons: Slow service, Out of ingredients, Disappointing dishes
Raghu
Raghu

Great Veggie food

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2015

Great food. Excellent prices. Prices were way lesser than on the Tulum beach road. Lots of options in the menu. They have a free appetizer during each meal and its prepared by the chef fresh daily. We loved the coconut ceviche, guacamole, pizza and the freshly squeezed juices here. Highly recommended and my favorite veggie place in Tulum.

Pros: Plenty of options, Low price, Friendly staff
HeathHauksson
HeathHauksson

Good food and great breakfast + organic

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2015

They use organic veggies here in almost all dishes.
It dosent say here on the site but they do
Great menu here

VegHeadNYC
VegHeadNYC

Tasty Vegetarian Fare

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2015

This restaurant is centrally located in Tulum and has delicious though deceptively simple vegetarian/vegan dishes. My family and I visited on Easter Sunday 2015. My husband is vegan and my children and I are vegetarian. We really enjoyed the smoothies we ordered - Uncle Bob, Green Leaf and Mango Lassi. The apps were simple though tasty: pita and hummus (4 times the amount of hummus that could be eaten with provided pita) and yucca fries. For entrees we ordered a falafel burger with a salad and ratatouille with seasonal vegetables, rice and black sesame seeds that was truly delicious. The cheesecake dessert was also outstanding. The restaurant is outdoors under an awning with beautiful artwork and objects on display. On our next trip to Tulum we will definitely visit La Hoja Verde again.

SpiceUpFood
SpiceUpFood

Vegan delight in Tulum, Mexico

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2015

We have been looking for this place per Google map and by chance found the new location as we were walking on the main street of this developing tourist destination.
As we walked in the owner noded and a bit later brought us a book on 101 Best Vegan recepies to look at while we waited for our Multi grain burger and Quinoa Risotto at this special place on side street in Tulum village.

Pros: Vegan & Vegetarian option in Mexico, Freshly cooked with lot of heart, Commitment as all staff is Vegetarians
Cons: Quantity, Quality, Consistancy
mfoy
mfoy

delicious

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2014

easy to order vegan - delicious food - friendly staff - yummy aguas frescos drinks - casual

Gifthealth
Gifthealth

Great Vegan Food

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2014

We enjoyed our dinners at "Verde" restaurant. All of the food was made to order, with fresh ingredients. The presentation of our entrees was excellent. We ordered drinks, entrees and dessert. All of the food tasted great. Any demanding vegan or vegetarian will be happy with the food options.

Frank, the owner, is a nice guy. It is easy to realize that he really cares about what he serves and he has a respect for good food and an appreciation for animal rights and environmental issues. We need for people like Frank in this world and more restaurants like Verde.

I highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Tulum.

Pros: Great food, healthy food, nice owner
Cons: none
njoy
njoy

loved the food

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

i really enjoyed to eat there, great veggie burger and mexican dishes.

LaPria
LaPria

If she's not kissing in the kitchen ;)

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

Great deep fried food with salad and fries. Also nice juices and vegan deserts. You'll never know whether she's open or not even if you follow her on FB but it's worth checking!

BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Almost entirely vegan!

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Listed as vegetarian but this restaurant is actually almost entirely vegan! When speaking with the vegan owner she told us that she would soon remove the few non-vegan ingredients from the menu (a little bit of cheese and yoghurt)
They offer some typical mexican food such as burritos or chili sin carne and they have some vegan desserts as well (carrot cake, brownies & ice-cream for exameple)
The staff is really nice and makes you feel at ease very quickly
The place is REALLY cheap:
For 2 juices, 2 burritos and 2 carrot cakes we only paid 290 pesos!!!
In the restaurant you can also find a little donation box for the local RSPCA which I found quite cool :-)

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Nice staff, Very good value for money
Cons: Only open from 2pm
smlewis
smlewis

not open late

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

We went at 7:30pm and it was closed. Not sure they serve late suppers.

emerstar

Dear reviewer, I am very sorry that you were not served that nigh. My father fell critically ill in Ireland and I was called to leave immediately. I did post on Facebook... As I am a one man show Im sure you will understand that I could not respond to everything given the circumstances of our recent closure. Thanks for stopping by and please let me know if you stop by again another time and I would love to give you a burger on the house for your effort.

boruzo
boruzo

Good option!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Has vegan options. I had a burger and for dessert a ball of cocoa, very spicy and tasty!

emerstar

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment. Remember the Cocao truffles are made from love, real cocoa that we roast and toast here in La Hoja Verde, nuts and dates... no sugsar, raw vegan options, gluten free!!!! packs a great punch and are quite filling! Thank you very much again

NickdaSirolo
NickdaSirolo

Oxigen in tulum

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Very small place where you can taste wonderful vegan burgers, falafel, juices and also vegan cakes at reasonable prices.
A breath in Tulum area.

emerstar

We really appreciate your comments and are here to serve as a conscious eating option! Save the world one bite at a time!!!!

svensdottir
svensdottir

Hoja Verde

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Good food, decent price. We had the vegetarian taco and the vegan falafel sandwich with mango salsa. Staff was friendly. Definitely a restaurant that caters to expats and tourists rather than locals. Authentic Yucatecan food is best found elsewhere, but we enjoyed our meal here.

Pros: Good food, Clean, Reasonable price
Cons: Attracts yoga retreat people

Hajduk
Hajduk

Simply amazing!

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

Don't even bother trying to find another alternative to this one. We ate at a taco place with red walls that had some good vegetarian tacos for 2 nights before someone at the hostel recommended this place. The staff is amazing, I believe the owner is Irish and a super nice guy. He cooked up some of the nicest flavoured vegetarian trip we had during our whole trip in central america. The mexican inspired food was probably the best imo and the ingredients will be different on a day-to-day basis depending on what they have in which is perfect. Definitely worth a visit even for non-vegetarians! Thanks for filling our stomachs.

Pros: Super friendly staff, Tasty and nicely flavoured food
Lamooo
Lamooo

Super vegan food

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Great value, friendly staff, amazing smoothies (choose your 3 fruit!) and great great food. The humus was splendid and the falafels just superb, i ate here three days on the trot!

Pros: Staff, Value, Choice
JennyBrowne
JennyBrowne

Great Vegetarian Option in Tulum

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

This was the restaurant that I spent most of my days in Tulum eating at. Since it is hard to find good vegetarian options in Mexico, I was delighted to find this lovely cosy restaurant that had many different delicious choices for me to choose from. The falafel plate has to be my favourite....the hummus there is absolutely divine and the falafels, a wonderful recipe which often had me in there for the smaller falafel pita for lunch! The veggie burgers also are superb. I would definitely recommend this tasty little eatery to anyone who is visiting Tulum...vegetarian...OR just checking it out!

Pros: Great Recipes, tasty food, Friendly staff, funky set up, good music, Amazing Smoothies
Cons: Only open from 2pm, Sometimes a wait for the food but fresh
bishopist
bishopist

tatsy and affordable

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

its great to find veggie food in tulum cos its saturated with fish and meat. this is one of the only veggie places in tulum.
We loved the falafel and the burito.
you have to come here

Pros: food, price
    emerstar

Thank you so much, really great support for a start up business spreading conscious eating !

saul cups
saul cups

Good enough

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

Apparently Pachelle was previously known as Hungry Veggie; it is now under new management (owned, I believe, by Joseph, who is from another part of Mexico). I believe some of the mainstays from the Hungry Veggie remain, though, such as the veggie burger and falafel (the spaghetti is gone from the menu). You will also find soy tacos and a veg burrito. Overall, our experience was positive--we ended up eating here probably 4-5 times since we were staying nearby in Tulum. Being vegans, Pachelle really saved us. But I will say that the real highlights were the Mexican-themed items--the tacos and burrito, e.g. The salad also was fantastic. The falafel and hummus, however, lacked flavor and the right 'taste.' The french fries/chips also just didn't seem right. Still, I can't really fault them too much. Pachelle was our saviour in a meat/seafood-heavy town, and it's affordable, too. If you're staying in town, you'll definitely hit Pachelle more than once. Out on the beach, though, head to Restaurare for something _really_ special.

Pros: affordable, friendly staff, only strictly vegan option in Tulum town
Cons: dishes are hit or miss, portions can be on the small side
    emerstar

Thanks a million guys, we are very appreciative of your support and thanks for eating here! Long may it continue!

Dear Owner and Manager of La Hoja Verde: